Why do people like the original more...

Why do people like the original more? The Alolan felt more like it’s wearing grass clothes whereas the plant elements feel more unified here

Attached: 33E92232-C62A-4AE4-BE8F-8F54E49C1A67.png (475x475, 162.6K)

This is what the original one should have been

I think the short feathers look weirder than the long ones

They’re both equally awesome

Attached: 2CF0E0B2-D772-4675-AA64-AA485CDE087A.jpg (2048x1347, 238.8K)

Holy shit that arrow is gonna go straight for the crotch...

This looks like shit

You know, since starters are more characters than Pokémon now, some of their types don’t really match.

Decidueye has no business being a grass type and if it wasn’t a starter there’d be no grass type in its inspiration.

Hisuian should’ve been Fighting/Flying

Attached: 8C82BAE5-6EB5-402F-9A94-FC4F94E7F99F.jpg (700x1197, 84.57K)

it's one of the few variants I think is as good as (or possibly better than) the original

Attached: FPa-OkIaIAEFHfw.jpg (1048x1523, 536.24K)

Decidueye's design and name are intrinsically tied to a plant theme. I can't even begin to fathom how you think you can remove its Grass elements and come out with remotely the same Pokemon.

>Decidueye has no business being a grass type and if it wasn’t a starter there’d be no grass type in its inspiration.
It uses vines to make the bow

I like both but liking whichever more is merely a preference in terms of aesthetics, color palette, visual, etc.

Intrinsically my ass. I know what it IS but I know it’s only like that cause it’s a starter. They wouldn’t dare make it that way if it was just a normal Pokémon. It’d be an archer owl with a feather hood and be Ghost/Flying. Probably

Call me dumb but I think Cinderace is in the same category. Yeah yeah “hot feet” blah blah it would’ve been Fighting or Normal if it wasn’t a starter

What plant elements

For my part, the original's hood and wings hide more of its, actually terrible looking, body.
Those legs and round face are not meant to be shown.

It's even slower? Why!!

They're both ugly

no u

Cease the mouth breathing

Cope

And the hood cloak is made of leaves. But I mean hey bird can't be grass user said so.

You’re right. It can be grass. I’ll make my statement more accurate to my thoughts.

Grass hood archer owl is an extremely artificial and dumb concept. Maybe poorly executed. Maybe both.

Because kicking starters have been done before. For me the hisui one just doesn’t have a reason to be an owl, looks slower and can’t fly. The colors are great and it’s not ad bad as cinderace.