Can someone explain to me what this affects...

Can someone explain to me what this affects? It's separate to nature since this stat does not necessarily reflect stats affected by nature (blue and red text)
Sorry if the question is retarded but it's the first time i play this game and i don't remember seeing it on the older games

Attached: stat.jpg (1186x822, 299.51K)

Other urls found in this thread:

bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's the characteristics.
Copy and paste...
A Pokémon's Characteristic indicates which stat contains a Pokémon's highest IV. It is displayed on the Pokémon's summary screen where its Nature, date met, place met, and flavor preference (DPPt) are shown.
Learn more here.
bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Characteristic

I read that but i still don't quite get it. Is it just an indicator of what the pokemon highest stat is or will be?

yes. to give you an idea, if your mon's characteristic isn't any of these six, then you can tell that none of its IVs are flawless

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-13 at 16-04-27 Characteristic - Bulbapedia the community-driven Pokémon encyclopedia.png (950x41, 7.08K)

>Floccesy Ranch
OP is just trying to meme about proud of its power lucario

holy fuck there's a chance
WHAT POKEMON IS IT OPEE

I don't think i still quite get it. So for example if i have a brave (+ATK/-SPD) machop and it has "Good perseverance" (DEF) what does that mean? It's highest stat is not DEF
That was a taillow but i do have a riolu with that characteristic, too bad it's nature is not great

Attached: Screenshot_20220713_143851_com.dsemu.drastic.jpg (2280x1080, 1.09M)

>So for example if i have a brave (+ATK/-SPD) machop and it has "Good perseverance" (DEF) what does that mean? It's highest stat is not DEF
It's about IVs

It indicates the highest IV.
Do you know what IV's are?

You already got your answer in the first reply in the thread. It just tells you a stat with the highest IVs.

This cannot be real lmao

I see so it's the secret nature shit you're right. So my machop would have good attack, bad speed and decent defense right?
What's the best characteristic/nature for him then?

Attached: Screenshot_20220713_150933_com.dsemu.drastic.jpg (2280x1080, 1.09M)

Just use the link in the first fucking reply... Every question you could possibly have about this was answered 2 fucking hours ago.

>What's the best characteristic/nature for him then?
When did you first start coming to this board? You inadvertently posted a meme from years ago.

I've been playing pokemon and used Any Forums for many years but i've been using this board for literally only a week. What's the meme?

It's been a while since I last saw it so I might be misrepresenting some details but some autist was trying to get someone to trade them a lucario whose characteristic was "proud of its power" because they headcanoned a personality for their lucario.

How do you not know about IV's if you've been playing for years?

Pic related.

Attached: proud of its power.jpg (1326x976, 149.73K)

Hmmm woould that pokemon happen to be a rioulu?

That's pretty funny but also very based that's what pokemon (and any other game) is all about: having fun. That's why i don't know much about more advanced things like IVs, EVs and things like that despite having played these games for over 20 years; because i play these games for the fun of it not because i want to be some tryhard "pro nuzlocker" wannabe. I mostly asked about this "characteristic" thing for curiosity not because i want to min-max my team
This one is:

Attached: Screenshot_20220712_175613_com.dsemu.drastic.jpg (2280x1080, 1.52M)

That autism is so mild now.

you dont need to worry about ivs/evs for the main story, its barely noticeable most of the time plus theyre easy enough anyway. only in comp is it crucial