You have been tasked with reintroducing HMs but you have to make them actual useful moves. They must be exciting to get...

You have been tasked with reintroducing HMs but you have to make them actual useful moves. They must be exciting to get, but not overpowered.

Attached: b0603c32ad95f5e3cf898b4a25dc65d6--pokemon-club--pokemon.jpg (736x532, 88.15K)

Alright, so get this. What if like, if you had Surf, you could ride on your Pokemon and go on water routes! Or uh, if you had Fly, you could like, fly to different towns and cities on your Pokemon! Wouldn't that be kickass?

Attached: soyjak smiling thumbs up.png (600x800, 116.08K)

Rock Smash: 70 BP but will always lower the defense by one stage
Cut: Increase to 100% accuracy and 60 BP and give it a guaranteed crit on the next turn
More focus on double battles to play around this and make surf more valuable.

>You have been tasked with reintroducing HMs
No

Literally just make them field abilities that Pokemon can do without needing to know a specific move.

Any Pokemon with claws or other sharp appendages can cut down trees.

Any Pokemon that can swim and is large enough to carry you on its back can carry you across water

Any Pokemon with super strength can break rocks and move boulders

Fly
Base Power 90
1 turn attack

Cut
Steel-type
BP 60
Acc 100
Increased crit ratio

Fly
BP 90
Acc 100
Make 1-turn

Surf
As is

Rock Smash
BP 75
Lowers def one stage 100% time

Strength
Rock-type
BP 75

Waterfall
As is

Flash
Electric-type
BP 40
Always crits

I don't think HMs were a bad idea as long as there aren't that many of them, cut strength rock smash surf that's all you need really, or could attribute HM uses to key items (diving suit) or do like Alola did and have them as Pokémon in the overworld, or do what SwSh did with fly which is basically the same thing.

Cut is Grass and does not miss
Fly does not miss
Rock Smash guarantees stat loss
Flash is an Electric Mud Slap
Strength is Rock
Whirlpool Doubles its BP and does not miss
Rock Climb is Rock and does not miss
Defog is a Special Flying Rapid Spin
Surf and Waterfall are unchanged
All HMs can be forgotten whenever

How come only water types get hood HMs?
How come water types have the best weather?
How come water types have an u-turn, a priority move, a hit-all on doubles, a flinch move, a [whatever you need]?
How come water types can often learn moves to cover their weakness?

Because water is the most populous type that matters they hold the majority in parliament.

I would unironically reintroduce them exactly as they are now with no changes, and here's why: I'm not a fucking pussy.

You have 24 move slots to work with; if you can't figure out how to allocate a few slots for the most important HMs without compromising the integrity of your team then you probably aren't old enough to browse this board. And if you think that your team needs to have every single HM taught to your Pokemon at all times, then you definitely aren't old enough to browse this board.

Fly back to the center, pick up a Pokemon that has the move you need, and move on. You aren't going to be using your entire team in this dungeon full of Rock/Ground/Fighting/Zubat, and the Pokemon with HMs you are using have a whole 3 other moves to use.

You'll be fine, I promise, the world isn't going to end because you had to extend your play time by two minutes.

I'm amending this
Steel also works for Cut and Strength since it desperately needs more moves
Flash should be a 40 BP move that always goes first, since accuracy affecting moves are gay

do backtracking and menu scrolling make you feel like a big man?

That isn't the sick burn you think it is, user.

Retard.

>no argument

Why would I want to bring HMs back? Let them stay gone.

>You have been tasked with reintroducing HMs
why would anyone do that?

How come you don't play the games and still say shit like this?

>if you think that your team needs to have every single HM taught to your Pokemon at all times, then you definitely aren't old enough to browse this board.
>Fly back to the center, pick up a Pokemon that has the move you need
You'll never realize how retarded you are and that's a shame.

strenght: fight type, 90 bp
rock climb: rock type, 80bp
cut: bug type, 90bp
flash: fairy type, 60bp, lowers acc
whirlpool: same bp as magma storm
rock smash: 80bp, lowers def
dive: same bp as sky attack
all have 100% acc except dive
You're welcome, Scarlet/Violet hm designer

The real shame is your lack of reading comprehension; you almost had an argument there.

I'm not trying to argue. I'm just pointing out that you're a retard.