Megas were cool and only contrarians with no personality besides "dislike popular things" hates them

Megas were cool and only contrarians with no personality besides "dislike popular things" hates them.

Attached: fb4f667c1a68567cbdae169583fdbf2e.png (400x586, 331.93K)

No. People that actually analyse the feature can find it shit.
>Kalos Pokemon don't even get any because lol
>Some arbitrary Pokemon become Legendaries, some other become just barely decent
>which overall leads to powercreep
>overall designs are pretty boring aside of Mega-Sableye, Absol, Banette, and Steelix
I don't find them bad, but I wouldn't say I miss them. I never cared about them.
They're better than Dynashit but like, what is worse than Dynashit right

Megas is a shit mechanic that's broken and it's benefited by being the first gimmick, having one of the "best" anime seasons, having the best (and the worst) distribution, that Z-Moves are cringe and Gigantamax have shit designs compared to mega forms.

Any Forums also likes it because it resembles their wet dream of being a secret club

Attached: dingodilebook.jpg (1280x720, 100.23K)

FPBP

Any Forums is the only place that hates Megas

Aside from Gen 6, which pokemons or Generation all together would have benefitted the most from Mega?

>Kalos Pokemon don't even get any because lol
because what's the point of giving a brand new pokemon a mega? just make it as strong as a mega to begin with. Megas were meant to be boosts to shitmons before they got caught in the shillmon marketing meme

>>Kalos Pokemon don't even get any because lol
The only value Megas could have were fixing the flaws of older Pokemon. Gen 6 mons getting them would make no sense since Game Freak could just make them good from the start.
all your other points are correct though.

No, they had definite flaws, but nothing in gameplay or selection of who got them
The main problem is that they were advertised and said to be earned by a bond between the trainer and pokemon. The game doesn't do anything to communicate this, and you can see they learned from their mistakes with Z moves and Gigantamax.

>seeing kangaskhan and salamence on every fucking team was cool

I like them and was sad when they went away

>before they got caught in the shillmon meme
Mewtwo was one of the first megas revealed, and 3/5 of the megas available during XY's story are shillmons. There was never a time that megas were going to just boost weak pokemon.

>If you hate this then you're [insult]
I hope to god no one falls for this hackneyed tactic.

Look dude, people are going to dislike things you like. That's just how the world is. Don't try to use insults to force grown-ass adults, especially complete strangers, to agree with your take. As a person who tries to be rational and understanding of design concepts, I dislike megas because I dislike all their designs. Simple.

>dinamax = PP BIG

>Megas were meant to be boosts to shitmons
Stfu that is absolutely not how it worked it’s just revisionist history by retards crying when they lost it

I thought it was neat at first because i thought it was going to give shitty pokemon stronger forms (loved mega absol) but then they decided to give it to pokemon who were already strong because why the fuck not and gave up when 7G came out. It's also because of it that we started getting shitty gimmicks each gen so, yeah.

TL;DR : i don't hate mega evolutions but the concept was rushed, poorly executed and started the "shitty gimmick" trend.

Attached: __gardevoir_mega_gardevoir_and_diantha_pokemon_and_2_more_drawn_by_hrpk0101__c2a011a478dd0d798d6bf7f67ed51373.jpg (1754x1264, 1.72M)

>Godawfull designs, with a handful of exceptions and exclusionary to certain mons
Z-moves and Dmax will always be better.

megacucks are the genwunners of the retarded gimmicks.

Genwunners are the good guys.

The only good Megas are Pidgeot and Beedrill, you know, three-stage shitmons. The rest could have been regular evolutions, stats/abilities buffs or just didn't need to exist to begin with, like mega legendaries

>megacucks are the genwunners of the retarded gimmicks
A made up boogeyman zoomers cry about?

More like megacucks are the "unovabortions", since it makes zoomers seethe that everything they grew up with is inferior to what came immediately before it.

Found the genwunner.

>trying to ride Unova's reputation to pretend the gimmick was good
Your desperation is showing.