Why even bother posting your fanmade game online if you're gonna get butthurt about people using your assets...

Why even bother posting your fanmade game online if you're gonna get butthurt about people using your assets? You're already using the brand name owned by a company that's very adamant about not wanting people to create games with their products.

Attached: Sage cucks.jpg (1080x1008, 264.35K)

I don't see why people get so butthurt about it
it's only a problem if someone tries to profit off of your assets

Why do you feel the need to defend GF

I see no issue with people ysing whatever fakemon they want for personal projects, but if you plan on releasing them then you really should respect the artist and just ask permission. That's what most of these people give a shit about, is just the decency to respect their work and to at least ask permission.
>haha they shouldn't have posted it if they didn't want it to be used hah screencapped
That's not hiw that works and you know that, people want to share their ideas and they tend to like having their ideas attributed to the right person as opposed to some user that just jacked their design because they either couldn't draw for shit/didn't want to draw for shit.

That kind of falls apart when both of you are already using the name/assets owned by a company that clearly doesn't want people to use their stuff.

Not really, you're still entitled to your own level of good faith

I’ve had people steal assets from my fan game but I don’t really care. If they have to steal assets their game won’t get far anyway.

Fucking butthurt shill

It clearly doesn't when it comes to original monster designs just in a similar format to pokemon. Pokemin doesn't own tiered evolution lines/elemental attributes/special abilities or recruiting mechanics. Sage is a 100% original dex with no official pokemon in it so you should respect their wishes with their designs, but like i said, personal projects for personal you and a small group of friends are looser and i don't really care.

You're talking about the legality of the situation, he's talking about just being a decent person.
Fangames are not on the level of massive, faceless private entities like Pokémon, they're made by relatively normal people who can be easily talked to and who can be hurt (not financially, but emotionally) by people who don't have the respect for them and just steal their shit without asking. Again, it's just asking to be a respectful, considerate person.

>Inb4 samefag

Why should I respect them when they don't respect GameFreak who gave us hours of content and shaped our world

are they referring to assets of their fakemon, or like tilesheets etc? cos their fakemon are average at best...

Taco shill supreme i see

Attached: 1650119540235.jpg (1080x972, 704.61K)

Sage is still using the Pokemon brand name and the Pokeball mechanics. It's still very clearly pokemon.

Oh yeah, corporate shill. No worth arguing with it boys, it'll just parrot the same shit until masuda finally acknowledges it's """"""work"""""" on tweeter.

Better than to be a retard who shills an unfinished 3 gyms demo that doesn't want others to use their sprites for games that'd actually get finished, kek

Because its like I just said, Gamefreak is a massive, faceless company where you probably have more people handling one aspect of a new game than there are on your average fangame production team. You show 'respect' by saying you freely acknowledge you are using TPC/GF assets, which every fangame does, I think its included in the Essentials loading screen. You can't personally DM some gamefreak dev and ask for permission, literally who do you ask and why would they care.
Given and were literally posted at the same time that'd be a bit hard to sell as a samefag anyway

And of coromon/tem tem/etc? You are just trying to virtue signal for the biggest media franchise in the world like it even knows who you are.

I am not shilling for their lack if game retard, i am just saying you should have some respect since you clearly liked their shit enough to just take as your own.

These people should just make peace with the fact that once you put something on the internet, it's not just yours anymore. It's the internet's. You created it but it belongs to the internet now. Imagine leaving a candy bar on a table at a school full of kids, first one to see it will take it. That's just how it is, and you're a retard if you cry about it. Keep it to yourself if you don't want anyone using your shit, but then you won't have people sucking your dick because you made it. Can't have your cake and eat it at the same time, faggot.

Attached: 1547735434970.png (206x247, 107.41K)

I know, just been here long enough to know a few retards to claim samefaggotry on exact time posts before.