Self-awareness Thread:

What's your favorite generation?
What were their greatest flaws?

>Gen 5
>Linear progression
>Dull Gym Battles before the 3rd
>Majority of neat BW2's features, including flashbacks of the past or N's near-perfect IVs mons, are locked behind a dead feature.
>NPC-Trade with Yancy is locked behind the most retarded amounts of randomly stepping on random tiles and pray that it is the right spot... for 30 times.

Attached: 7c0880b1437ab2756aee4a89b3917666.jpg (550x383, 43.53K)

Forgot to add the mandatory tutorial of Pokewood.
Fuck that.

Attached: 88c.jpg (480x270, 28.85K)

Favorite Gen is 3, but I think the biggest flaw those games have are the absolutely ridiculous trade restrictions. FRLG locking trades behind the postgame Sevii quest, and Emerald locking non-Hoenn trades until after beating Wallace was pretty nonsensical in a series all about linking up.

Memory Link is still accessible as long as you have two DS systems. Dream World is dead though, yeah.

But not across DS and 3DS?

And thanks for adding your cents in.

>Favourite game is ORAS
>Very stupid NPC warping
>Safari Zone is defunct because of sheer lazyness to implement it
>Maingame is overall underleveled and underpowered (Tate/Liza bruh...)
>No Frontier, especially lack of Factory and Pyramid hurts

Attached: tateliza_oras.png (547x457, 76.21K)

3DSDS works too, from what I remember.

The frontier tidbit hurts everytime.

Tried it before, gives nothing back. I even looked it up and found jackshit about it.

>Gen 2
>Way too many shitmon
>A little too easy
That’s all that bothers me. The shitmon are fine in-game, but they fell off hard after gen 2, especially in pvp. Having new pokemon be rare encounters was fine; they just weren’t worth the effort much of the time.

Honestly the issue isn't even that there are too much shitmons, it is their complete dogshit availability
Sneasel only being available in Mt.Silver outside of Crystal is fucking criminal.

Gen 2 mons weren’t shitmons on release. The fully evolved ones were just as good in average as the Gen1 mons were. They just got fucked over by powercreep the most, While gen I mons got everything.
The bigger problem is availability. Ther is no reason for any gen2 mons to be locked till the post game. Ironically gen2 mons should have been minmaxed and broken like gen5 mons to justify how uncommon they are.

This based 420 post.
Should be made a standard to lock all regional mons or atleast to the player behind post-game to raise the focus on the locals.

I still can't believe they used the RS teams over the superior Emerald teams.

Nintendofags will unironically defend this with it staying true to it despite a remake aiming to improve the experience of the original, and using the improved features of the definite edition fits that.

There's too many games in each gen so I'll just discuss Platinum. I beat it recently and enjoyed it a lot. I'll ignore the features that were removed from earlier gens since every game does that.
>too much content is locked behind acquiring the national dex
>safari zone sucks (I don't like the rails, the mud is fine)
>looker is a terrible character
>I don't like the east side of the map

I feel you there. Spent most of the main game completing the dex to hop right into post-game and even then it was more chore than anything else.

Looker was a decent one in XY at best. His incompetence at language barrier was a bit funny for a international agent.

Gen 5

>Most of the pokemon were bland as shit
>BW2 made you sit through a dumb ass movie maker mini game whenever you restarted
>If you didn't finish the game quick enough, their wouldn't be as many trainers to fight in black/white city
>lol you can't do a bunch of shit because gamefreak tied it to online stuff
>triple battles didn't happen enough, so was quickly forgotten
>Gamefreak trying to be self aware with the villains, but throwing in the towel almost instantly, which was incredibly lame

Attached: index.jpg (237x213, 8.21K)

I wasn't a fan of triple battles but I thought rotation battles had some potential as a format if only they shortened or sped up the animation between rotations. It would be neat if they tried doing a game where they focused on alternate battle formats like the Colosseum games did with double battles.

>1% encounter rate for Yanma outside of swarms
Thanks Gamefreak.

Attached: 1642325620316.jpg (1059x1000, 109.22K)

Gen 5
>difficulty locked behind completing the game/having to interlink with another version
>having to beat the games to make use of Dream thing and get my mons from previous gens
>a lot of linearity in relation to the main story for BW2

>Gen 4
>Saving a lot of data...
>30fps DP
>DP Cyrus
>HGSS keeping the terrible Kanto level curve
>HGSS removing the Aerodactyl trade
Think that's about it.

>HGSS keeping the terrible Kanto level curve
It kind of didn't though? I mean the Kanto Gym Leaders are bumped up and honestly it works out, I mean by that I mean better than in GSC where you legit do all of Kanto in 2 hours

The trainers are still severely underleveled, the entire region needed an overhaul.