Spirit Orb

>Spirit Orb
>Raises the Speed of the holder by 1.3 but makes it lose HP whenever it successfully uses a move.
Yay or nay

Attached: image.png (640x640, 374.99K)

>whenever it successfully uses a move.
damaging or all OP?
besides, it probably will be less useful than both Life Orb and Scarf

nevermind. being able to use status moves with 1.3x speed is insane. I don't know what I was thinking a minute ago.

All moves.

Then it's balanced
still busted

Recoil is dumb. Buff all the type items to 1.6

All moves, of course.
If it was just attacking moves, then it would be way too good.
Imagine using it for Spore or setup moves.

>Muscle Band gives a 1.1x boost to attack with no downsides, weaker than Choice Band but more flexible
>Wise Glasses give a 1.1x boost to special attack with no downsides, weaker than Choice Specs but more flexible
>No equivalent for speed/Scarf

>it probably will be less useful than both Life Orb and Scarf
It's outright better than scarf and stupidly broken.

Being able to boost speed without drawback is insane. Something like Dragon Dance is balanced by the fact that scarf exists and switching is a big enough drawback.
Swords Dance, Tail Glow, Nasty Plot and any +2 boosting move is immediately broken by OP's item. Bulky mons with +2 boosting moves like Garchomp and Hydreigon sweep after turn of setup. Melmetal is boosted to a base 58 speed, enough for it to flinch hax mons defensive with DIB.

>Sheer Force now have a free Speed boost
Please don't...

>balanced
>still busted

Attached: a94bef0e08bae1d7b5043965bb85112d.jpg (549x576, 24.67K)

Absolutely not.
Trying to stop a Dragon Dance Sweeper with this item would be a nightmare. You can’t just reliably have a Scarfer with the same or slightly higher speed to revenge kill or pressure it.
And with how multiplication works, you get to x1.95 in 1 turn of Dragon Dance. You’d need a weather abuser or strong priority on every offensive team if you wanted to revenge kill Dragon Dance users.

Speed being a relatively constant and predictable stat is one of the things that keeps the game balanced, there's a reason Scarf is the only speed item and has a big drawback. Also 1.3x is a wonky calculation that doesn't sound very fun having to constantly do on the fly.

Scarf isn't the only Speed item though, there's a good number of them. It's just the only one that gets any real use.

It's the only one that gives you an automatic boost is what I mean

Except it's not. Like I said.

I can't think of any others, what items are you talking about?

One of the others is Quick Powder, it doubles Ditto's Speed unconditionally and without restrictions. Like I said, Scarf's the only one with actual use.

>Ditto only
Obviously I'm talking about universal items, Scarf is the only one.

You've clarified your meaning twice now, neither time with any previous context implying them. Maybe don't say "obviously" when referring to your context. Also it's still an incorrect statement, Quick Powder was explicitly stated to be a singular example out of multiple.

Why are you being so pedantic? Yes I should have specified automatic boost, but this is a thread about the competitive implications of a universal item, it's obvious that a Ditto-only item is not relevant at all.