Game Freak given an award for their models

Did this actually happen, or is Joe just pulling our legs here?

Attached: joemerrick.png (600x381, 40.26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/e-21VC88_UA
youtu.be/iXQXUTV0Z40
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

because unlike what leddit suggests the models in the 3d games are actually good.

I don't disagree. I'm just surprised that I've never heard of this award before.

KEK
Peiple gonna seethe

>waits almost three years to mention it even though the opinions of actual developers have helped fans understand Dexit
> who the “other developers” are or what games they make aren’t mentioned outside if mario and Zelda
>doesn’t even say the name of the award
>No link or proof
>No explanation to how future-proofing models only to erase them makes any sense
It’s fake. Joe lies what else is new

>given an award for reusing the same assets for 10 years
lol

>Joe
>trustworthy

The quality of the model itself was never the issue though.

Its not award worthy, but it was a smart decision given the particulars of pokemon.
The problem is that they don't utilize their smart decision.

Attached: jo.png (2172x1044, 250.24K)

Joe is a well known flip flop schizo. Disregard anything he says because once he has been BTFO'ed for anything, the next day he will say completely different shit and delete previous post while claiming that he was misquoted. He is a lying maggot

Attached: 1656997402601.png (483x470, 219.07K)

>because of how they've kept up the models for so long
yeah, it's called the darwin award

>The problem is that they don't utilize their smart decision.
Yes they do.

Obsessed

They don't though, they don't include all mons in a game anymore.

If Jew Merrick said something without proof then it's a lie

That's a good thing.

You haven't proved how in 3 years.

I mean the amount of Zelda NPCs is arguably high up there. There's a lot of BoTW characters that were never dumped.

Including every Pokemon in every game would be a fucking retarded decision and no competent game developer would make it.

100% sure this didn't happpen. For someone who is against misinfo he sure doesn't like to give a source

That was just using mii tech

Models are fine. Textures need updates (which they are probably getting in SV).
The real problem are the animations.

BOTW NPCs are not as plentiful as they seem. Those characters aren't made of unique models but instead generated thru a very clever system. The staff developed a "NPC maker feature" with facial features that are formed on pre-made bodies utilizing the Mii system

Attached: Eq3DiNmXAAEKRKC.jpg (680x680, 93.3K)

Plenty of people have proved how. You're just autistic and cry about them not counting.

explain what's wrong with the animations

and no "they aren't retardedly long and bog the game down like colosseum" isn't an answer

lmao

there is no reason why the animation for Double Kick is the pokemon hopping in its idle animation. There's no reason why Blastoise shouldn't be casting water moves from its cannons. There's no reason why Cinderace should be sharting out its Max Flares.
>b-but it's too much work to make custom animations for moves!
Digimon Cyber Sleuth did it, and they had way less money than Game Freak

Attached: xnw9i5cc81z31.jpg (1480x720, 364.1K)

big brap

The developers Joe spoke to ignored key details or just hate people who play video games.

Funnily enough, all the budget went into his Pyro Ball Signature move

There's also the fact they wont want to be on the bad side of Nintendo, if they're even real people at all(Joe didn't even quote them).
I mean the only one I've seen is one of Insomniac saying it take years to port models which is blatantly false

>budget
no, its the codes user

>Digimon Cyber Sleuth did it
because every digishit has their own signature move and they don't need to animate the same move happening on 400+ different pokemon, while every other animation in the game looks drastically worse than pokemon's.

>they don't need to animate the same move happening on 400+ different pokemon
neither does game freak since they got rid of most pokemon anyway

>Funnily enough, all the budget went into his Pyro Ball Signature move
SwSh's quality was all over the place

The Cyber Sleuth animations are garbage. You would know this if you actually played the game.

Attached: rush.gif (387x214, 3.67M)

>neither does game freak
youtu.be/e-21VC88_UA
youtu.be/iXQXUTV0Z40