Why did Iris never receive the same level of autism as Nessa? They're basically the same tone

Why did Iris never receive the same level of autism as Nessa? They're basically the same tone

Attached: 09733092.png (818x704, 371.32K)

considering the number of Iris threads today there's already enough autism around her

Becuase the Pokemon fanbase wasn't a complete shithole during Gen 5 like it is now.

One came before 2016 one came after 2016
It really is that simple.

Oh I don't know about that

Twitter didn't exist.

she is receiving it now

Race politics wasn't as big back then.

Back in the early 2010’s, no one took the brownpill and fell for delicious browns.
At the end of that decade, many things have changed.

Iris is cute, Nessa is ugly, simple as

One looks like a kid while the other is more conventionally attractive and dressed skimpily.

When Iris debuted, people didn't like her because she was black and she was regarded as a pretty low tier Pokegirl. Now that she's gained relevancy and popularity due to the anime, people are trying to say she's actually native American despite looking nothing like Alder and Benga.
Iris wasn't popular out of the gate like Nessa was, Nessa saw the same kind of shitposting because racists think if a black character isn't straight up blackface, they have to be something else, nor can they accept that a black character is popular.

This mainly seems to be an issue in the Pokemon fanbase, I'm a big Splatoonfag and in the 5 something years she's been a thing, I've never seen anyone try to say Marina is actually, uh, an extremely dark skinned native American or Indian, or something.

Attached: 1520719751545.jpg (1200x675, 118.75K)

Neither of them is particularly popular

/Thread
Pack it up. Nothing left to be said

Pretty much this. People sould just focus on the coom but I admit it's wishful thinking to believe people aren't going to argue race politics here.

Maybe I'm a weirdo but I'm American and I never saw Iris as black when Pokemon black/white stuff was revealed etc. I think the thing most people didn't like including myself at the time, is that she's a kid and her personality in the anime is kind of annoying, giving her a bad reputation. I found her reputation undeserved in the game though.

Iris was only known to Pokémon fans
People outside the Pokémon noticed Nessa because she debuted as part of an E3+Nintendo Direct if I recall correctly.

It definitely wasnt
Nobody gave a SINGLE Afuck about the little girl gym leader / champion being black.

You need to recheck that statement.

Because social media was nowhere as widespread as it is nowadays, faggot.

It was a different time user. You'd ask the same question if they were swapped.