How were you introduced to Pokemon?

How were you introduced to Pokemon?
My introduction to Pokemon was Yellow, I remember stealing a copy when I was 6, not because I wanted it, but simply because it was lying out in the open, but then I realized I played it and became infatuated.
Prior to this I thought Pokemon was for babies, and I would actively make fun of kids for watching the show or playing the game, or collecting the cards.
But in the end I wound up becoming a Pokemon fanatic, I can name every pokemon, I watched every episode, I collect most of the cards, and I play it everyday.
Thank you for reading my blog.

Attached: 91eKOW6UyNL._SX342_.jpg (342x410, 21.81K)

Someone put Pokémon Quartz (that fakemon romhack of Emerald) into a cartridge and sold it for IRL money. That was my introduction.

Seventh birthday got a GBC and Blue, this was 2000 so the games were two years old but I never had the means to play them. I had played Stadium at a friend's however and accidentally deleted his Red save once at a dentist.

My friends caught wind of it as the US launch approached and we were digging up information online before all the English names had even been established. Preordered a copy of Red and caught the first few episodes of the anime when it aired in the mornings.

the anime
I saw the box in the store as a kid but it looked weird so I never wanted to buy it
after the anime I asked my dad for the red ver

>stealing a copy when I was 6
>Prior to this I thought Pokemon was for babies
>6

Attached: 1592133615586.jpg (960x960, 82.08K)

Based six year old

The anime. The games weren't available in Australia yet but my friend managed to get a Red ROM. So by the time everyone did get it, we knew what we were doing. My breath of knowledge became so great, I was known as the Pokemon Guru in both primary and secondary school. During the peak of Pokemania, I'd have even teachers come up to me asking questions. I was also the only kid with a Mew and a Link Cable. So as you could imagine, I'd spend half my launch time cloning Mews. Good times.

Attached: 1347220746248.jpg (500x510, 179.31K)

now that you mention it, i dont even remember my introduction. i know it mustve been the neighbor kid whose parents actually let him have games (my mom thought it caused autism and wouldnt let me have any until i was like 10 by which point i already had autism anyway) but it just seems like it was always part of my life. i dont remember any of it feeling like a new experience, like my reactions to seeing the creatures for the first time etc. its a bit weird realizing this is not a memory i have since the rest of my memory from around that age is vivid

I'll just green text it for fun.
>Be me
>Elementary school
>Running Laps
>Pass by Coach's office
>See some "red" Gameboy cartridge sitting on desk
>Had a gameboy at home
>Only with Tetris
>See no adults around
>Get adrenaline rush from running in and stealing the thing
>Keep it in my pocket till I got home.
>Immediately start playing
>Ignored old save and started new one
>Later feel guilty watching NPCs cry about Pokemon being stolen by Team Rocket
>Kept it anyways
And here I am years later shitposting on Any Forums

>mom thought it caused autism and wouldnt let me have any until i was like 10 by which point i already had autism anyway
Lol

I have vague memories of resetting a family friend's platinum save file and looking at my aunt's old cards but I actually got into it when I got a DS flashcard for my fifth birthday and it had every pokemon game released for the system (save for BW2 because those hadn't been released yet) downloaded onto it in a separate folder

needless to say once I discovered it the other 99% of the flashcard was left untouched

Attached: really_wish_I_weren't.jpg (600x315, 187.4K)

Parents got it for me, played FireRed before I even had consciousness. I can only remember having a level 67 Charizard before the 7th gym
I remember when my dad told me there was a cartoon I literally did a dance of joy
Played the card games religiously with the neighborhood kids and played every videogame I could get my hands on
Now I'm autistic because of it, darn you pokemon

My cousin gave me Pokemon Crystal and his Gameboy Color, and played that for as bit, but didn't get to far due to the battery draining. Around the same time, my dad got me a DS and Pokemon Diamond for my birthday, and have been hooked since.

Mom gave a gba advance and ruby for my 6th birthday. Good shit.

Pokémon Blue in '99

>stealing a copy
funny that because my dad sent me and my brother a package with two gameboys and a shit load of games. none of them were in original boxes so i guarantee my dad bought stolen goods. Was so good my brother and i playing red and blue together, feel kinda bad now though that i was probably playing on some other kids gameboy

I believe it was the BK/McD toys that had a ball underneath the toy so it could roll. They were giving them out around 1999 and I started playing the games because I liked the design of Bulbasaur

The guy that raped me used a pokemon condom. When he pulled out of my ass and had me lick my own shit off his dick, it was like a lottery scratch off, and the prize was Charizard staring back at me.

First, I saw the anime, but wasn't impressed. Then bought a bootleg magazine about Pokémon, and by evening I had learned the 151 names by heart. Then, my long quest to obtain the console and game started, and I've been a poketard ever since.

Both of my parents worked full time and early when I was young.
In elementary school, to ensure that we would get to school on time, we'd be carted off to some early morning day care where we were basically babysat until the morning school bus arrived (bus did not run to my house nor was it feasible to walk).
At the day care were two dickheads, one of them the eldest of all the kids at the day care, the other his younger lackey brother. Both of them thought they were hot shit because they had promotional Ancient Mew cards from the first movie.
Me, being a certified dumbass, believed they were indeed hot shit for that reason. I was jealous. I wanted cool shit like that. So I hopped on the Pokemon train and never got off.

Jesus, look at this dinosaur.

My older bro played pokemon blue, I was like 3 and I didnt know how to read, so I just sat next to him and watched him play. Children's imagination really is crazy, I remember my bro having a Charizard with Slash (always crits due to being tied to speed) and thinking it was the coolest fucking thing ever, having a pokemon that was so powerful he would crit literally every single time