One thing I never understood about you retards is how you want Pokemon to evolve but simultaneously want it to stagnate...

One thing I never understood about you retards is how you want Pokemon to evolve but simultaneously want it to stagnate. You want better graphics and for Pokemon to be comparable to other franchises but you want them to go back to sprites instead of improving 3D. You want them to implement new gameplay features to keep things fresh, but you never want them to do anything other than Megas and cry if they're removed. None of it is even real criticism, it's just criticizing for being different. No other fanbase is this autistic about shit. If you hate everything about this franchise for the last 5 years, why are you even here? Just enjoy other games please

Attached: IMG_20210605_021201.jpg (1280x670, 93.7K)

Any Forums just wants to miserable

It's almost like... Any Forums is not composed by a single person! Wow, what a shocking revelation!

>I'll invent a strawman! That'll show them
Hello Joe

BBND + the kids who started with Gen 5's massive victim complex has made discourse about the game's faults and positives absolutely unproductive

whos joe? joe mama?

Hello doe

Agree

some people preferred sprites, some want better 3D. is that so hard to understand? your argument would make sense if Any Forums was a person but this is a board made up of multiple people, of course they won't all share an opinion
tldr op is a faggot

This is bait.

No it's not I'm genuinely asking why people think like this and why people wonder just move to different series

Based weird lookin pokéball thing. There are no fanbase that hates their franchise more than Pokemon, besides Star Wars.

I'm not going to waste my time dissecting this whole thing, but here's a word of advice: just assume nobody truly knows what the fuck they want. NOBODY. People are fickle and picky.

He's clearly talking to a very noticeable TYPE of poster, you nitwit. This isn't the own you think it is.

>the kids who started with Gen 5's massive victim complex
Here's the (You) you're waiting for.

why do people never realize that the pokemon fanbade is made of of different people

some people want better graphics, some people want better gameplay

some people want a soft reboot, some people are ok with what they have.

some people are ok with 3d, some people can't stand it.

some people pursue shiny pokemon, some think it's a waste of time.

some people are willing to pay extra for pokemon home/bank, some aren't

some people like gimmicks like mega and dynamax, some can't stand megas and dynamax.

some only like gems, some only like z-moves.

some only like gen 4, some only like gen 3.

some want new pokemon and new features, some want perfect comparability with older games.

some people adore the story and characters, some only play for the gameplay.

some enjoy the handholdy slow pace, some want to jump right in.

it's a very divided fanbase, but people lump them into one group and get surprised and angry when they contradict themselves.

Stopping at the first point, you know that just because something uses 3D models over 2D sprites doesn't mean it's superior right? There's a lot of depth and detail you can use with 2D artstyles and it does allow for somethings that 3D models can't do as easily or convincingly. A good example of this would be a lot of features added into Gens 4 and 5, including how both games had features that let you dress up or decorate your Pokemon, which was nice.

I do overall like 3D over 2D for the direction Pokemon went in, and I absolutely adore Amie and all the touches they put into it and how 3D models allowed them to bring a lot of Pokemon to life with that mode's unique animations, but as time has gone on the models haven't been updated and more of those animations get cut or unused. Plus, the quality of the art style has taken a noticeable downward spiral, because Modern 3D games are obsessed with being 'le realistic' for no reason other than that's what the higher ups assume will make them look more sellable. This causes a visual dissonance with Pokemon's inherently cartoony look, causing a lot of the assets in Gen 8 to clash against each other and make things look out of place and it's culminated in Gen 9 having humans who look fucking disgusting all for the sole reason that they look more 'realistic' than prior humans.

Realistic doesn't mean better, it often just means worse, because 'realistic graphics' are always outdated and never age well. Even the fans in Japan have mocked the hell out of these changes, and that's the only audience GF actually cares about.

>why are you even here
we’re on the spectrum, asshole
nice blog, tldr

>tldr
>Just because something is in 2D doesn't mean it inherently looks worse than something in 3D
>Both 2D and 3D can look equally brilliant and have advantages over each other
>Pokemon's graphic failings come from the game compromising it's art style by trying too hard to be realistic but keeping many other parts cartoonish, making a lot of things look out of place or messy, in addition to the dip in quality

And if you need a tl;dr of that,
>2D/3D good
>Cartoony good
>Realism Bad

I did gen 1 to gen 4 and skipped a few to pick up sword and now arceus.
Unironically if they did the worlds and gameplay of gen 3 combined with how you interact with pokemon in arceus they'd sell assloads more than they already do.
Their failure to go back to their roots without massive gimmicks like pokemon sword and shield is to me the most disappointing thing.

VP hates everything new with an irrational passion, but that doesn't mean some of their criticisms are not spot on. The 3D art has always been behind other 1st party games and its become much more noticeable on the switch, and they continue to favor new players over long time players instead of trying to strike a balance.

Personally I just wish they wouldn't make me pay money to store and transfer Pokemon, and perhaps make their games with more difficulty levels rather than catering to the lowest common denominator. I would also like the remakes to actually include new and exciting content, otherwise they should just port the originals. In fact they should port the originals either way. Be nice if they did away with trade evolution too, Ive always hated those.

>You want them to implement new gameplay features to keep things fresh, but you never want them to do anything other than Megas and cry if they're removed
>he supports the single gen throwaway gimmicks and trashing of popular mechanics