Not gonna lie bros, I don't remember a single Gym Leader from this game aside from Viola...

Not gonna lie bros, I don't remember a single Gym Leader from this game aside from Viola, and that's only because I jerk off to her. What went wrong? All the leaders in gen 5 were so memorable.

Attached: pokemon-xy-launch-169.jpg (576x326, 85.55K)

>Not gonna lie bros, I don't remember a single Gym Leader from this game
Because GF didn’t force you to play the same game twice

Clemont? He's easily memorable because of being best boy.

If the gym leaders are only memorable because they have shitty forced cutscenes that hold your hand and tell you where to go outside of the gym then I’m glad they’re not “”memorable””.

Attached: 2C070487-1880-4F3B-B0AA-1EA0AB56F805.png (515x383, 33.89K)

>NOOOOO I DON'T WANNA READ 6 LINES OF DIALOGUE IN A ROLEPLAYING GAME
you must have never played another RPG/have a 2nd grade reading level

it's probably because you haven't replayed it and it's almost been a decade since they released.

>and that's only because I jerk off to her
HAHAHAHAHA based
I'm in literally the same case. I guess I remember Clemont because of the anime but that's about it
Viola is just blazing hot

But they're memorable in Gen 5 because they're actually good characters and relevant in the story.
>only memorable because they have shitty forced cutscenes that hold your hand and tell you where to go
And that's the only reason why people say Gen 7 is more memorable than Gen 6 despite having equally bad writing and pacing that's just on the opposite end of shit.

Gen 6 isn't really different from 3/4 in this respect. Don't confuse the fact that you've replayed them more and/or done romhacks that the older games are better in this respect

>because they're actually good characters
what about their characters am I supposed to like exactly? They don’t actually do anything except lead you around. At least gen 7 characters show some actual personality traits like Lana being mischievous or Nanu being very dry but what the fuck am I supposed to like about say, Lenora’s character? She doesn’t fucking do anything except dump some exposition. Is showing up on the screen a lot all it takes for gen 5 fanboys to think a character is good?

Gen 6 was a disaster because it was inmemorable. Sure, you remember mega Pokémon, Lysander, and maybe one of a multitude of unnecessary cutscenes and pauses, but the city names? The gym leader names? The gym leader fights? The storyline and villain grunts? Your “rivals” (except for 3 move quick attack Greninja)? It’s all a blur for people who didn’t start Pokémon with this game and it’s honestly very easy to forget. Don’t beat yourself up OP

congrats you described every pokemon game except gen 1-2 and 7

if you asked me to name any unova city except castelia I’d be stumped.

>i-it’s just as bad as gen 8 and 5!!!
Do you even like gen 6?

Like I said , I guarantee that there's no quantifiable metric that actually makes the 3/4 games more compelling or memorable. The gym leaders talk less in those games, there's less things to do in their towns, and the storyline is basically on the same level. Just because you played Renegade Platinum or whatever, instead of Neo X, doesn't make the older games very interesting.

They didn'toriginally, but the spam has become personally now. That's why they keep trying to deflect and force genwars between other games, seeing Kalos criticized makes them so angry they stop thinking straight.

Attached: 1639916690464.gif (480x640, 3.78M)

Other than memorable characters, memorable moments in chasing the legendaries, a villain that became personality standard for villains going forward and a villain story that was kino from start to finish, a difficulty not set to Be Gentle, fulfilling side content and overall, a game that doesn’t cause you to feel embarrassed for playing it after everything else you’ve played, yeah you’re right.

>At least gen 7 characters show some actual personality traits
1-note anime tropes are not personality. Meanwhile Gen 5 characters actually DO have personality since their interactions with the player and the world are more nuanced than being cardboard cutouts. SM/USUM are like if every character was designed like Tierno from XY instead of one of the actually well written ones like Trevor or any of the gym leaders.

I dont remember a single anything from Sword and Shield.

I don't remember anything from Gen 4 because the last time I played these games was in 2007 (and that's a good thing)

The memorable characters that do less things in the plot and have less dialogue than the gen 6 ones? Cyrus and Lysandre are both the same character, as are Diantha and Cynthia? The Looker Mission is a more tight-knit narrative than anything that came before it. Sinnoh is not the peak that you remember.
>villain story that was kino from start to finish
holy fucking underaged

>Gen 6 was a disaster because it was inmemorable
SM/USUM/SWSH are unmemorable yet they don't even have a feasible reason to be replayed since there's no compelling gameplay in them to begin with.
>but the city names? The gym leader names? The gym leader fights? The storyline and villain grunts?
Sure. Santalune, Anistar, Snowbelle, and Laverre are all great locales that really push home the theme of seasons Kalos's story has. Viola, Grant, Korrina, Ramos, Clemont, Valerie, Olympia, and Wulfric all do exactly what they're set out to do but have plenty of external character building given that they're either mentioned by people in the town or given spotlight through other optional events and dialogue. Their fights are shit because XY is a piss poor and easy game but memorable because of the atmosphere and unique gym backgrounds each one of them has. The storyline is unironically one of the better ones in the series and although Team Flare is criminally underdeveloped Xerosic has a great dynamic in the postgame and the game itself pushes you to believe that Lysandre is actually 100% correct and genius with story events at the Lumiose, Parfum Palace, Tower of Mastery, and even after he's defeated at the Pokemon Village and Looker Episode showing just how dystopic the Pokemon world really is. Serena/Calem are bland but people tend to remember Shauna because she actually has comparable relevance to other Pokemon rivals. Tierno and Trevor just needed more double battles at certain story points.
> It’s all a blur for people who didn’t start Pokémon with this game
It's a blur for people who never played the game. XY's only failing was not being nearly as good as BW was as a first version but when compared to the even more rushed, unfinished garbage we got with SM and SWSH I'd gladly take a mediocre game wrapped up with a decent engine and great mechanics like XY. That's what make it memorable to me outside of the common praise about the PSS, Super Training, etc.

Imagine deflecting this hard out of desperation
Keep larping as an oldfag if it makes you happy, but anyone who defends gen 6 and 7 for any reason is under the age of 21
>B-B-BUT IT HAD LESS TO SAY
I think gen 6 could’ve been better if they didn’t say so much annoying garbage, that was a game whose dialogue worked against it through and through. I wanted every rival of mine to be bound and gagged, and every villain encounter to have its dialogue and cutscene skipped. I had never been more embarrassed for Pokémon fans watching lysander’s ancient weapon unfold and then fall flat instantly by my hands, it doesn’t even come close to galactic’s end story of chasing him all the way to the pillar of origin and getting sucked into hell.
>whataboutisms
>“XY is a piss poor… game”
>well I remember it so there!
You still had to look up their names, and you conceded it was an unfinished game, but thanks for playing.

So you're an old man who uses the word "kino" as an adjective?
>I think gen 6 could’ve been better if they didn’t say so muc-
At least you admit that there's more to Gen 6. It was pretty embarrassing in Gen 4 when Cyrus released the lake spirits for no reason, huh?