Gen 1 is the best because it started the whole concept and introduced great Pokemon designs

Gen 1 is the best because it started the whole concept and introduced great Pokemon designs.
Gen 2 is the best because it added items and shinies, and Johto is a comfy ancient Japan region.
Gen 3 is the best because it added natures and abilities.
Gen 4 is the best because it added needed evolution lines and introduced the physical/special split.
Gen 5 is the best because it added triple battles, great Pokemon designs, and a great region layout.
Gen 6 is the best because of the EV reset punching bag, and added horde battles and megas.
Gen 7 is the best because um, um Z moves and Mimikyu?
Gen 8 is the best because um, um gigantamax?

You see, there is no argument for gen 7 or 8 being the best, but there are legitimate ones for gen 1-6.

Attached: download.jpg (249x202, 8.93K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=h6HniS3FIWA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Gen 6 is the best because of the EV reset punching bag, and added horde battles and megas.
No, Kalosperm. Your failed generation is as bad as 7 or 8

Gen 6 is tremendously disappointing.
The first Gen where you legitimately can’t catch them all without hacking, No 3rd game or remake that usually fixes or expands on the first game, ORAS being worse than Emerald when HG/SS exists.

You probably can’t call it the worst gen but you definitely can’t call it the best.

>Gen 7 is the best because
it's the only gen with a remotely well written story or any iota of difficulty

>Gen 8 is the best because
they finally made team building without hacking not retarded and put OW encounters in the game

both are more valid reasons than whatever you had to straw grasp for gen 5. Like "great region layout"? Seriously?

Attached: 1640667538651.png (1129x1238, 57.37K)

>pretending gen 5 even did anything with triple battles
>pretending a fucking railroaded hexagon is “good region design”
is this bait?

>t's the only gen with a remotely well written story or any iota of difficulty
Pretending that USUM is difficult because the LAST POKEMON you face is "big" is retarded, go back

As you post the layout for gen 8 in your image. And overworld encounters was a mistake

>Gen 3 is the best because it added natures and abilities.
removed day night cycle, cut off a lot of pokemon, first game to exclude the rest of the world

What pokemon other than mythicals can't you catch in Gen 6?

it's more difficult because

1. the boss battles have are 2v1 instead of 1v1
2. the bosses get a free stat boost
3. the bosses have EVs
4. the bosses have items and movesets that are actually useful

yeah it's fucking funny when people need to force themselves to praise gen 5 just so they can fit in instead of simply admitting it's bad.

Overworld encounters are shittier than random encounters if done poorly. It's one of the things I dislike about a lot of newer DQ games, the overworld encounters are ridiculously easy to avoid, and it's hard to gauge whether you're underleveled or overleveled.

>Can't greentext properly
>Boss battles are piss easy, even with EV's
>There is not human way to lose a single Pokemon against a trainer posterior to the first trial
You should well, Git Gud

>Overworld encounters are shittier than random encounters if done poorly
Nope. Even poorly done OW encounters are better than any kind of random encounters.

>the overworld encounters are ridiculously easy to avoid
yeah having to waste 15 seconds going through a transition screen of my trainer throwing out the first pokemon and then clicking the run button is so much better

>it's the only gen with a remotely well written story or any iota of difficulty
No, attempting to solve Lillie’s family drama every 3 minutes is not a well written story. You aren’t even the real MC of those games. Objectively, it’s the worst.

I will also add that gen 7/8 had way too fucking many cutscenes.

>>Can't greentext properly
not an argument

>>Boss battles are piss easy, even with EV's
it's still more difficult than other games

>>There is not human way to lose a single Pokemon against a trainer posterior to the first trial
it's still more difficult than other games

>having focus on more than one character means the story isn't well written
huh?

>Reddit spacing
>More difficult besides being a game that has more cutscenes than possible battle time
>Subjective and wrong opinion about difficulty
You were worked with huge shiny objects (Ultra-Necrozma) because you have the neural activity of a fish.

Newer DQ titles handle overworld encounters a hell of a lot better than they ever did with random encounters.

>making fun of someone who didn't greentext """"properly""""
Are you retarded? You WISH you were well-adjusted enough in the real to not seethe over incorrect 'typing etiquette'. go touch some grass.

Poorly done OW encounters are shitty because it incentivizes grinding on top of removing any sort of tension. There's no pressure, no surprise moments that can fuck you over, but at the same time you still gotta get your fights in so you can be at the appropriate level for boss. It feels more like filling in a quota. Pokemon kind of avoids that because trainers are your main experience source instead of random battles, but I still wouldn't call it an inherent positive.

They definitely don't. I played DQ11 and I was constantly underleveled. I get Veronica, she's 2 levels above my party. Sylvando is 4. And it keeps going and going. It's like the game is saying, go grind dumb shit, because the monsters are so fucking stupid they won't reach you unless you're cornered or make a mistake. I'm not going to grind because a victory feels unearned if I have to grind for it, and I never needed to in the end, but it still bothers the hell out of me.

>Go touch some grass
youtube.com/watch?v=h6HniS3FIWA