What are some obvious filler designs...

What are some obvious filler designs? Pokemon where it was clear no creativity or thought was put into them and they're just there to fill a space.

I don't necessarily just mean ugly designs, I more mean boring, lazy. Like that Barnacle Pokemon I think is an ugly design, but you know what? We didn't have a Barnacle Pokemon before so as weird as that is at least it was an attempt at something new. This? This is just a fucking penguin with an ice cube on it's head. It doesn't even match the rest of the designs in the series.

Attached: Eiscue_art.png (1400x1400, 546.03K)

>guys we need a zebra pokemon what should we do?
>uhhh I dunno just draw the most generic looking zebra ever and randomly slap a wacky type on it or something I dunno

Attached: 9k=.jpg (225x225, 7.93K)

(minus togepi, riolu, and toxel)

Attached: latest[1].png (1200x675, 1.27M)

Everyone has a favourite.

>generic fish but
>....

Attached: 457.png (475x475, 119.46K)

I like how this has a big bug move pool. Actually unique

I like her and don't think she's too lazily designed. The lightning elements are clear and it's better than just yet another another yellow shocker.

Now this is a lazy Electric type. It's just a dog with some yellow on it. The prevo wasn't too special either, but at least Yamper had more to it.

Attached: boltund.jpg (536x405, 42.76K)

you could remove all of these and no one would give a single shit

Attached: file.png (1530x990, 534.79K)

>basculin
not anymore

Attached: b.png (585x585, 286.5K)

Shut the FUCK UP about Mandibuzz.

>maractus
>swanna
>deerling
>dwebble
I absolutely would give a shit. I fucking love these things

t. Xatu

As a Mienshao fan I care

But I like these ones

Attached: 1657320570108.png (1530x990, 252.33K)

Lazy or not, I still like that Pokémon because of how weird it is.

I liked Boltund, he was my main electric type in Sword until I found a Toxel. In general I like dogs, and I ike the way the colors flow throught it's body. My favorite part is it's tail and how when it's at attention it looks like a lightning bolt, but if it's not excited it doesn't. I also like how when it gigantimaxes from underneath it's face shape matches certain breeds of dog that tend to have bugged out eyes and keep their ears back.

I don't get how it grows out of a Corgi though.

Horrid taste

>Nidoking line
>Nidoqueen line
>Rhydon line
Literally 8 copies of the same pokemon.

I agree with your take on Boltund, but there was some thought put into its design. It's supposed to be a "superhero dog" that goes after villains (Theivul). It's a play on foxhounds hunting foxes. Still shit, though.

>dwebble and crustle, one of my favourites
>Audino, the only pokemon from that gen to get a megaevo
>Literally Landorus, and T Landorus, frequently used in competitive
>Maractus, so bad but with at least decent design

Shit taste user,with all respect

lol i love penguins