Why is gen 5’s spritework so bad?

Why is gen 5’s spritework so bad?

Attached: 588D1B14-8F3D-47BC-B08C-1DD048D42371.png (555x319, 25.26K)

small indie company
please understand

The rent?

That redone one looks like shit.

hi joe

I believe it was done to accommodate triple battle and just make animations easier to do. I don't think it looks particularly bad. I find them much more expressive than most gen 3 or 4 backstreets anyway

It's supposed to invoke a feeling of looking like Gen 1, where the closer Pokemon's sprite's pixels were groups of 4. At the time it was a fun piece of nostalgia.
>all new Pokedex of 150+ Pokemon you've never seen before
>the close sprite is blocky
couple with the obvious parallels between gen 1 and gen 5 pokemon lines and the entire game was meant to feel new, but also deeply familiar. We obviously know from hindsight that by being okay with Gen 1 pandering they'd ratchet it up continuously, but at the time at least the games felt and played great. Gen 5 is arguably my favorite gen overall and the sprite work definitely contributes to it.

So can you show the right animated?

give me millions of dollars like game freak and I will.

Right one while higher res and arguably better, lacks consistency and detail. Why not make it good instead of slightly less shit?

Because Unova is too busy keeping their KANTOian oppressors out to focus on looking pretty for (you)

Why is it not animated?

The pixelated back sprites are a homage to gen 1

>it’s supposed to look like an outdated piece of shit!
lmao

Yeah, this. It's the movements that look like dog shit.

Literally does not make a difference due to the tiny ass screen on the DS. On something like the Switch it'd be far more noticeable and worthwhile going the extra mile for.

Yes

Yeah, blown up its far more noticeable but when you're playing on actual hardware as a kid you barely notice. In fact I'd say the rixels aren't even that bad having just replayed it on my N3ds a few weeks ago

Because BW/B2W2 are not good games. and the only people who like them are contrarians or zoomies whos first introduction to the franchise is unova.

they're good games. they're just based on a cursed land with rampant demonic possession, the United States and New York. so it was destined to fail.

Attached: 30xp-protests-timeline-pix1-mediumSquareAt3X.jpg (1800x1800, 698.17K)

Why is america so disgusting?

>they're good games
Why?
The animations and sprites aren't good.
The "gimmick (rotation battles) isn't good.
The story is convoluted and so beyond salvaging that apologists literally have to use the "2deep4u" argument.
Unova is probably the most linear region, outside of alola.
Almost no post-game
Some of the worst legendaries and mythics
Failed at being a soft reboot of the franchise
The least popular generation
Worst starters

What about these games are good?