Pokemon will never be this SOVLful ever again

>Pokemon will never be this SOVLful ever again

Attached: MCWtYfo.png (2048x1152, 505.2K)

>t. never played the battle frontier for more than 5 minutes

I've gotten all the symbols twice, seethe

>t. only got the silver symbols with his shitty in-game team twice

All means ALL, fgt

Wew lads, so difficult.

Attached: Gold.png (504x483, 48.29K)

Ah yes, Emerald Version. Easily The Best Pokémon Game Ever Made, 2nd would be Heart/Gold and Soul Silver, or any of the Classic Predecessors such as Fire Red or Leaf Green.

Pokemon games would be so much more fun if there was more to do in the games than just catch pokemon. I wish the exploration aspect of Pokemon was expanded upon. Sure, You've got new forms of transportation now, but what's really missing from pokemon is all of the cool fun side games you could do.

In Emerald, you could gamble with the slots or roulette, participate in contests, make potions with berries, ride the ferry, explore the ocean and it's depth and an abandoned wrecked ship. You could also explore caves, forests, cities, towns, and as OP mentioned, the Battle Frontier.

There's a couple of other things, but overall, the Experience of Pokémon is a bit too polished. There needs to be more side adventures, and extra things to do after you beat the elite 4 and the champ, and collect all the badges and Pokémon. The game has you running around many places, but not doing a whole lot, and this could be changed.

I love how in the new games, you can have a your first Pokémon in the starter line follow you, but then you can't dance with them, or give them a hug, unless you use your imagination. The Game Developers could make the experience of bonding with your Pokémon far more affectionate and wholesome, but has failed to do so.

Perhaps I'm on the way to developing a game with all my critiques, because certainly Pokémon does somewhat lack what people call "soul" these days.

> (OP)
>Ah yes, Emerald Version. Easily The Best Pokémon Game Ever Made, 2nd would be Heart/Gold and Soul Silver, or any of the Classic Predecessors such as Fire Red or Leaf Green.

>Pokemon games would be so much more fun if there was more to do in the games than just catch pokemon. I wish the exploration aspect of Pokemon was expanded upon. Sure, You've got new forms of transportation now, but what's really missing from pokemon is all of the cool fun side games you could do.

>In Emerald, you could gamble with the slots or roulette, participate in contests, make potions with berries, ride the ferry, explore the ocean and it's depth and an abandoned wrecked ship. You could also explore caves, forests, cities, towns, and as OP mentioned, the Battle Frontier.

>There's a couple of other things, but overall, the Experience of Pokémon is a bit too polished. There needs to be more side adventures, and extra things to do after you beat the elite 4 and the champ, and collect all the badges and Pokémon. The game has you running around many places, but not doing a whole lot, and this could be changed.

>I love how in the new games, you can have a your first Pokémon in the starter line follow you, but then you can't dance with them, or give them a hug, unless you use your imagination. The Game Developers could make the experience of bonding with your Pokémon far more affectionate and wholesome, but has failed to do so.

>Perhaps I'm on the way to developing a game with all my critiques, because certainly Pokémon does somewhat lack what people call "soul" these days.

Attached: 39c.jpg (1200x1219, 226.01K)

based

>side games
Aka filler trash to appeal to retards and obfuscate gameplay deficiencies and lack of innovation. You are the reason Pokemon games have stagnated. How about instead of a million shit minigames we get a good game for once.

>C-CONTENT IS LE BAD...[Buzzwords salad]
The current state of Any Forums

>>C-CONTENT IS LE BAD
When the content is bad, then yes.

It wasn't bad. That's just your Fortnite-biased subjective opinion on side-content.

except you are retarded.
the other user just said "have more diverse content" and you went like "uuuuh that would have to be shit ackshually"

>It wasn't bad
Yes it was.

>the other user just said "have more diverse content"
The developers should be spending their time actually making the main part of the game good instead of wasting time putting in retarded irrelevant minigames.

>actually making the main part of the game good
aaaaand you still don't understand than making the maingame have more varied activities would help to do that. ^^"

Pokemon is the main game. The mini games make it all the more fun, you dingus. Didn't you ever enjoy playing the slots or playing roulette? Wouldn't you like to see Nintendo and Game Freak take it 100 steps further, and make Pokemon so fun and engaging, that it's replay value is priceless? Imagine playing a game you really enjoyed for the next ten years, like tf2 for instance. While they're completely different games and franchises, they've both been around and are extremely successful even to this day. Pokémon could have fun things to do in the game, just like Tf2 does, by letting the community add their own cool things, like fashion for the trainer, or cool personalized products like cars planes or hovercraft, or what about more hobby activities? It could be like stardew valley, where you can not only go fishing, but also search for treasure, search underground tunnels hidden to the player until you find them, you could playfight/wrestle certain types of Pokémon, there could be legit kendo or dojo fights between trainers to get their color belts from white to 3rd degree black, what about playing with collectable toys, and what of doing stuff in your cool secret base you make using the TM, secret Power? You could have a sleepover with your trainer friends and Pokémon.

And how about this, what if you could have a relationship with your rival, or maybe a more developed NPC whom you can get to know on dates to a museum or at a breakfast café, or at a picnic, or cuddled in blankets under the stars?

This could be Pokémon in the next 20 years, changing the formula a little bit, while making it wonderfully wholesome, and with tons of extra features for the main game, and again, Replay value.

You could even make your own little town, turning Pokémon into a life sim is such a cool idea, to adults playing Pokémon who were fans back in the day, where trainers grow up and inspire new trainers.

Attached: 1614649877682.png (304x297, 124.41K)

>having irrelevant shit that has nothing to do with the core game helps the core game
No it doesn't.

No it wasn't, now go play Fortnite. That's your kind of game

Things like contests or the Pokeathlon should be encouraged in order to better expand the range of things you can do with your pokemon. Battling shouldn't be the end-all for everything gameplay.

All of these are good ideas, but one thing I wouldn't do, is make the relationship with the rival. There should be separate love interests that you don't compete with.

You can't love what you compete with, so it's stupid to want to date your rival, might as well date a girl who does contests specifically. That's what makes Dawn one of the cooler girls of the Pokegirl bunch, is that she's a trainer who doesn't challenge Ash, but rather encourages him, as opposed to Misty or May, or the others who are actual trainers doing the same thing Ash is doing. It makes more sense in the game to want the player to be attracted to characters they don't have to directly compete with, like with Ash and Dawn's dynamic. Ash wants to go to beat the champion, Dawn wants to win the contess. Different realms, different trainers, male and female complement each other.

>Things like contests or the Pokeathlon should be encouraged in order to better expand the range of things you can do with your pokemon
I play Pokemon to battle and catch them, not to play irrelevant minigames. Go play a different game.

based autistic chad

these are the type of retards who think Legends Arceus is a bad game because they actually took the time to improve the core part of the gameplay after 25 fucking years instead of wasting their time filling the game with irrelevant padding.

Catching should be the primary goal, but a focus on battling is a dated relic from 1996 when the games couldn't do more than that. Expanding those things gives you more value to the pokemon you catch, instead of shitting on every preevo and shitmon that can't compete it battling.

Slots and roulettes are absolute cancer and the fact that you have to waste your time on them to get good TMs makes them worse but I agree Emerald as a whole is kino
>I play Pokémon to battle and catch them
Battle Frontier