Gen 3 Hoenn Dex Cut Challenge

This is a restricted Pokedex challenge in which you can only use pokemon that are either generally weak or below average in performance. The goal of this challenge is to encourage you to use lesser used pokemon you normally wouldn't get and use them to their full potential!

Share your team ideas, or even start a new playthrough using this dex, vanilla or nuzlocke!

Rules and clarifications:
>You cannot evolve the starter pokemon, they are there to start off your adventure. They're expected to be phased out over time, or you can be insane like Ash and keep them as a mainstay.
>Pikachu is here just for fun because it's the mascot pokemon, you cannot evolve it, BUT you can give it the Light Ball. (Bring a Static pokemon to the Safari Zone)
>You can catch pokemon outside of the list to use as HM slaves or to find held items, but you cannot use them in battle.

Attached: Gen3HoennDexCutChallenge.png (667x461, 79.25K)

Seviper but not Zangoose??

zangoose is ridiculously strong.

115 attack and 90 speed is no slouch for Hoenn.
Even then, I'd say Seviper is still a strong choice at least for this challenge with its wide range of coverage options.

Linoone/Plusle/Crawdaunt/Chimecho/Pelipper/Seviper, easily

Seviper is strong and has good coverage but it's held down by its low bulk and defenses, plus being a Poison type gives it a common weakness to Ground. Zangoose is fast and strong with STAB Return and good coverage, plus it learns Swords Dance through level up.

>I meant low speed and defenses

Lol.

Linoone can sweep the entire game with belly drum return + shadow ball.

Seviper has ridiculous stats and a crazy wide movepool.

Glalie can outspeed all of drake's dragons with minor speed investment or a speed boosting nature.

Relicanth is criminally underrated with its sky high defense + attack.

Castform is also criminally underrated with its 100 base power stab weather ball.

crawdaunt is good

Crawdaunt is strong but it's slow and has middling bulk. A lot of Hoenn pokemon are slow but have good coverage. You can use a Crawdaunt well, but it isn't the best option.

>Linoone
>Roselia
>hell even Pelipper
those aren't exactly bad
I'd add Chimecho and Glalie too but they're late game so it's fine
have also never used Relicanth so I don't really know about it
my team would probably be:
>Linoone, Pelipper, Plusle, Roselia, Magcargo, Chimecho/Glalie

How long before a Moody Glalie becomes boring to play with?

longer than the time you'll be using for

Update: Removed Zigzagoon line because Belly Drum really is that good on it.

Attached: Gen3HoennDexCutChallenge.png (667x461, 76.73K)

My ORAS team has a Mightyena on it because I found a shiny Poochyena before the first gym and even in this easy as fuck game it's still a useless shitmon.

>Crawdaunt, mightyena, tropius..
Okay, you've done it. Fuck. I can't pick any more

Again, I will post and say that doing the "BST Challenge" (not using a Pokémon with a BST > X amount) is a better way to approach this, as it limits objectionable choices such that we see on this list.

Here's what I have planned for a team.
Seviper, Crawdaunt, and Glalie are the three main powerhouses. Mawile and Tropius are there to cover their type weaknesses, Wigglytuff is a general special wall and Screens support.

Attached: hoenn trash dex.png (1500x362, 281.9K)

I understand that, but these choices being objective is the point. Instead of having to use a bunch of unevolved pokemon and Kadabra, you can still use fully evolved pokemon just of a lower power level. Honestly, this is less of a traditional "challenge" and more of a self-contained way to let you experiment and use lesser used pokemon.

Cool team user, Tropius is an awesome pokemon.

Mudkip is the best starter here since Treecko gets countered by fucking everything, use this and/or Pelipper until you get Corphish
Mightyena should have an easy time most of the early game unless your starter is Treecko
Linoone gives you items, has respectable stats and gets good stab moves early on, it learns Belly Drum too late though
Crawdaunt is easily the best mon here, it has good coverage and stats, it's SpAtk isn't even that low
Pikachu works if you get one with a Light Ball since it lets you get Volt Tackle by breeding
Cacturne is good if you have someone to set sandstorm
Seviper is ok I guess

>Linoone Spinda Crawdaunt Delcatty Mawile Cacturne
All the pokemon i normally use Are still there

Glalie, Mawile, Seviper, Sableye, Pelipper and Roselia