Kek

kek

Attached: 000015ED-28F6-44CD-8EE5-F334A2936BB8.png (1499x1437, 114.51K)

kek

Attached: ds.png (1226x1572, 162.97K)

Deep inside, everyone knows that 3D was a grave mistake.

Deep inside, everyone knows that 3D was a great step.

Prove it.

Prove it.

already have

already have

>Raikou's heartussy

ftfy

Attached: file.png (1226x1572, 147.95K)

based bort... I kneel

Gamefreak dint make the models Creatures inc and they are no longer business partners.

>it could
It couldn't

I'll never understand why the colors got desaturated in 3D. Creatures Inc. made all the sprites, too, didn't they? So it's not like there was a miscommunication.

>I'll never understand why they made the Pokemon look more like the Pokemon

Attached: 1634180274371.png (677x809, 177.39K)

Static sprites are shit

It's what they wanted. The desaturation is according to Sugimori's vision, and barring a few cases, I think it looks a lot better than the gaudy colors that they needed for the GBA.

Even the sprites weren't always great. Seriously, how the fuck did they peak at gen 2.

Wrong

Displays on both the GBA and DS were wildly washed out before they used the panels in the 3DS models. This was only partially addressed in the GBA SP 101 model and DS Lite through XL. The 3DS family all had a much wider color gamut.
They hyper saturated a lot of sprites for those older sprite games. That's why when directly ripped from the game files or emulated they seem so vibrant, but played on original hardware they WILL look much closer to the 3D model colors.
That all said, the desaturation GameFreak did to a number of 3D models was far too much. You can even see in several mega evolutions the new color schemes that are a lot more saturated than their base forms like Sceptile.
It's a compounded issue.

Illustrations look more desaturated because of the watercolor legacy, I don’t think it’s fair to assume they’re totally accurate color representation.

>I don't think it's fair to assume how the pokemon look is how the pokemon look

True, I always forgot that older sprites are made with very different displays in mind.
I'll have to charge up my old SP some time and really see how the sprites look on that.

>barring a few cases, I think it looks a lot worse
fixed

Attached: models.png (1384x3454, 616.35K)

I’m gonna be fair and assume you’re not trolling - who’s to say what Pokémon “really” look like? Who says the desaturated versions are more legit than the saturated ones? They’re both from official products.
Not to mention, Pokemon change their appearance. Fat Pikachu being the obvious example.

>who’s to say what Pokémon “really” look like?
glad we agree complaining about how saturated the pokemon are is stupid since you don't really know what they're supposed to look like.

yes but as we all know the thing that came first is more canonical than its revision.

so the RBY sprites then

RBY sprites were taken from Japanese Blue.
The original sprites were only in RG.