With SV we will finally reach 1000 pokemon this year

>with SV we will finally reach 1000 pokemon this year
How do you feel about that? For me it's amazing how pokemon get this far and I wish this never ends

Attached: 1649518501173.png (660x574, 51.49K)

there are only 300 good looking pokemon, and more than half are kanto-johto mons

>implying we wont get another XY and leave the total at some stanky number like 972
>implying it wont stop at 999 because GameFreak or ILC couldn't figure out how to program the national Pokedex to reach 4 digits

Not sure why 1000 matters. Digimon reached that ages ago, it's just a number that they'll inevitably put no relevance on like they do with every other milestone.

There's no guarantee there.
The fact that gens 6-8 had so few new mons added makes me wonder if GF is afraid of reaching the number 1000.

I wonder if they will shift the placements. Will Bulbasaur now be 0001.

they are scared of doing another unova where the average quality was so low and you had 156 of them

There's no more national dex, remember?
They don't have to worry about being unable to reach 4 digits because there'll never be 1000 mons in one game.

You know that the natdex and indexing still exist, right? They're just not used in-game, so there'll still be a designated 1000th Pokemon.

Somehow, I don't think quality is their concern.
If it was, they would've fired the guy who made the worst Unovamons rather than promoting him.
And this shit wouldn't have been greenlit.

Attached: stonjourner.png (450x450, 145.26K)

>They're just not used in-game
Right, so it's not Gamefreak's problem.

dex in home still lists them in nat dex order with their nat dex numbers. Thye'd have to shift everything.

but you're right I think there will be 94 new pokemon in S&V we are already sure of at least 14 of them. So 80 to be revealed is a nice number and brings the total to 999.

No way fag.

With SV being open world, you just know the "world building" will be an excuse for only having ~60 new mons and less than 10 regional forms. Gen 9 won't even hit 980 in terms of natdex numbers and will very likely have the fewest new Pokemon to date excluding forms.

Screencap this.

Place your bets now.
Will Pokemon #1000 actually be special, like a mythical or shillmon, or will it just be something completely random?

It'll either be completely fucking random or it'll end up being a legendary just by coincidence that the SV dex winds down around that number and people will take it as a sign that particular pokemon is held in higher regard when it's isn't.

>redditfrog

Attached: 1557381021707.png (1000x800, 409.82K)

What the fuck does that have to do with anything? They're still going to make a Pokemon that they'll then index and designate as the 1000th. Explain your autistic perspective.

They could just have it be slapped down in the middle of the dex and still have a Legendary fill the spot. Silvally's Legendary and it's not at the end of the Alolan dex, after all.

>blue gaytor

Attached: 1657253803553.jpg (505x343, 33.44K)

Doesn't really matter when the original 151 are the ones that matter (to GF and everyone else)

If there's not 1000 Pokemon in the game, they don't need to program a 4th digit for the Pokedex.
One Pokemon will be the 1000th, but only on Home (made by ILCA) or on websites (managed by TPCi or fans).
Gamefreak doesn't have to do anything.

>will finally reach 1000 pokemon
Not really. Some pokemon are deleted.