Post good mon, nerfed by their type and ability

Post good mon, nerfed by their type and ability

This guy got me silvers in frontier, but his type is just too shit, with 4 weaknesses

Attached: E81CC5BD-9EF3-455B-B71A-7BA8497D837E.jpg (828x643, 168.88K)

kill yourself

>good mon
It's slow, has mediocre stats in everything but HP, and downright bad Speed. It was bad even without the ability. The only things that could make it viable are Swift Swim and/or Adaptability.

It has literally better Clefable stats. If it was Water-Fairy and had a top tier defensive/support ability it would be great

>530
>same stats as swampert -5

If you turned this to electric water like lanturn with volt absorb it'd be the best mon in hoenn

Adaptability would be interestin...
>No Aqua Jet
>No Flip Turn
>No Ice Shard
>No Freeze-Dry
.....Frost Breath is okay I guess

>No Freeze-Dry
no fucking way. you're lying. I hope.

all it needs is slack off.

WHY THE FUCK A MASIVE pokemon that uses TUSKS as main attack has so much sp attack?

Attached: keke.png (294x192, 15.56K)

Sceptile syndrome. A pre-physical/special split mon designed for physical attacks but STABs only worked on special attack, so they had to make it usable which aged poorly in later gens.

>If it has an unfair type and ability it would be good
Well damn how did you figure that user?

>Water/Fairy is UNFAIR
holy shit the absolute state

But plenty of other pokemon (Gyarados, Kingler, Sneasel, Absol, Crawdaunt, etc) have high physical attack despite being special types.

>fairy
>unfair
lol

Ice water would be pretty great if it was faster.

atleast it gets super fang for not having freeze dry or scald.

im also pretty sure this guy should get slack off

Attached: walross-b1c811ae-3066-489a-83cf-24cfe0886d5a-2190928926.jpg (1500x1000, 507.52K)

Thats why I said "Sceptile syndrome". It would be hard to use if it couldn't use it's STABs effectively at the time. I don't think any third stage in Gen 3 struggled to use their STAB aside from the early-bugs(intentional shitmons).
>Gyarados
Flying is a physical type.

Every single ice type, and only ice types, should get freeze dry, so it's not another ice beam where every single water pokemon and some more learn it.

To be fair Gyarados didnt learn any flying moves other than Hidden Power until after the split

>3rd stages
Gengar would be an example of the reverse, high special but both stabs are physical. Shiftry if you for some reason want specifically a gen 3 example.
>Flying is a physical type.
But Gyarados didn't (and still doesn't) actually learn any Flying moves.

ICE should resist normal and take neutral damage from rock and water and fire.

>nerfing normal

gyara is a scitzo gen 1 mon so they gave power whip in one of the never gens. its brave but its defo not a bird

why does this guy learn power whip

Attached: th-2251176994.jpg (474x266, 16.52K)

It's a frog so maybe it whips with its tongue? Lickitung gets it too.