Gen2/4 Kanto VS Sevii Islands

Which one had more

Soul
Challenge
Memorable moments
Content
Fun

Discuss

Attached: kantoVsevii.png (628x384, 241.93K)

>>Soul
Sevii
>Challenge
>Memorable moments
>Content
>Fun
Gen 4 Kanto

Gen 2/4 kanto was garbage and an insult to rby and frlg

Thats not even kanto because kanto was shrunk

What are you going to do in kanto anyway? Its story is about 2 hours

Apart from Pokemon Tower in Lavender and Pokemon Mansion in Cinnabar, most other locations are retained in HGSS. Viridian Forest, Seafoam Islands, and Cerulean Cave are restored even though they weren't present in GSC Kanto. Obviously Kanto in GSC and HGSS isn't going to be as complete an experience as Kanto in RBY, FRLG, or LGPE. That's because the bulk of the Gen 2 games and their remakes, 3/4th of the game, is Johto. Kanto is just extra added on and is much bigger than any other postgame routes.

Someone please post the picture of the FRLG assets vs the HGSS ones. FRLG does not look good at all.

Gen 4 Kanto > Sevii > Gen 2 Kanto
look, I like Crystal, but Gen 2 Kanto felt really soulless if anything
missing so much dungeons was genuinely unforgivable, while also not having the legendaries available
HGSS still lacks Lavender Tower, no clue why they didn't bullshit their way into making a side quest on higher floors of Kanto Radio Tower, would've been kino
HGSS is the only game that genuinely has two regions, Sevii have only few things to do though it was great having new areas accessible in main game.
And also giving a dungeon to Moltres is sick. Wish some of the islands were in HGSS, to be real

HGSS looks horrible, like the other gen 4 games. At least those had good gameplay but HGSS doesn't even have that.

Attached: 5.png (1706x1448, 3.01M)

>HGSS looks as bad as DPPt
please stop that's just wrong
unfair comparison but it's true that HGSS had much more effort into its tile-making than FRLG

You're right it looks worse

God HGSS are fucking beautyful

Oh yes...

Vermillion City in Red...

Vermillion City in Green..

Vermillion City in Blue...!

Vermillion City in Yellow....!

Vermillion City in Gold !

Vermillion City in Silver!!?

Vermillion City in ....CRYSTAL?!

IS THAT

Vermillion City
.........in
............FIRE RED??

Vermillion City
.........in
............LEAF GREEN?!

OH MY GOD WAIT IS THAT
IS THAT

VERMILLION CITY in Soul Silver.........................?!

VERMILLION CITY in Heart Gold.......................?!

AAAAAAAAAA IM GOING VERMILLIOOONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN

Attached: kekw.png (450x428, 217.6K)

The only thing gold and silver show is, game freak used to put the full limit of the ROM into the cartridge. Literally pushing the game to its limit, and today its made to APPEASE CHILDREN

I feel like if game freak approached the next game as
>its not done until we hit the cartridge limit
We'd get a good game

You forgot

Oh wat....is this...It ould be....

VERMILLION CITY IN LET'S GO PIKACHU!?!??!

VERMILLION CITY IN LET'S GO EEVEE??!?!?

Yeah I fully agree there.
This philosophy still kinda remained in RSE though they had a lot of room left, and then completely shafted in the sinnoooooooooh games
But honestly, seeing how much they struggled with optimization in SwSh, I'm not even sure that'd do a lot. (How is this game more than 10GB????)
But that's still always better than "you'll buy it anyway" philosophy

honestly could even expand this to XY if the meme was with Viridian Forest instead of Vermillion City, lol

I would say they did that up until Gen 8. The 3DS games actually run a lot slower than they need to, because of the numerous amounts of high quality models and assets that they put into those generations (which is great for emulators)

>I would say they did that
what
"I would say" is not an answer, read next time

Lol fuck off. Game Freak objectively went further than necessary to put higher quality assets in the 3DS games. Are you happy now?

>game freak used to put the full limit of the ROM into the cartridge
You mean Iwata Satoru, GF can't do shit on their own

vir4dian forest is in XY?

Santalune Forest.