Why is Gen V so FUCKING good?

Why is Gen V so FUCKING good?

Attached: hilbert.webm (720x404, 254.32K)

Because Game Freak did the smart thing and let it stand on its own instead of forcing it to be Gen 1's footstool

Because of haters

This came out during Gen VI though?

Probably because of your age, zoom zoom

Back to the FRLG thread, boom boom

I'm 32 yrs old and the best Pokemon game is BW2
Cry

This was kino.

Has some kind of a plot, characters that actually contribute to some degree, a lot of Pokémon and exploration on no Kanto pandering.

>b-b-but it isn't because it... le flopped for pokemon standards!

It's funny how the only flaw in Gen 5 is the over-insistence on new Pokémon, ironically enough
if BW had say 20 less new Pokémon and other gens Pokemon in the maingame like BW2 had it'd be the best non-enhanced game by a landslide

No old pokemon was a good decision.

Genuine passion to elevate the series. An entirely new Pokedex, a focus on narrative, and a look that hasn't been topped yet makes it feel special

Gen 5 games is the most downloaded pokemon main game on internet

That's not a fucking flaw hahaha

Hoennbabies told me that was Emerald, Satan

Yeah it's definitely not a flaw in game-design, but it's very much a flaw in making it stand out
It'd stand out more if it wasn't as assblasted on older Pokemon, lol

Lol

I have no idea what you just said????

Genuine passion to elevate the series by removing all of the features people liked from HGSS?

A flaw Just because your favorite Pokemon isn't there

That's stupid

pretty much, it stands out less than it could because it has to make new designs to replace old ones (ex. Basculin, Patrat)
if it just used old ones where it really needed to, well its new Pokémon would just stand out more, and the region too as a result

tldr: be more like Gen 3, goddamnit

In RPG standard thats not a flaw

>A flaw Just because your favorite Pokemon isn't there
My favourite Pokémon is a Gen 5 mon though, lmao.
And my other favourite Pokémon are all catchable in the postgame of BW.

>removing shitty gimmicks that pandered to the feeble minded and the autistic
Based in my book

>Regressing the series is actually based when its generation I grew up with

>regressing
Nope, gimmick bloat and filler content is regression. I grew up with gen 1-4, by the way.

okay, but what is your cope around Gen 5 removing Secret Bases and replacing Contests with a shitshow?

Like what? Pokemon following you? Who cares? That was just a gimmick that didn't have a major effect on the game

No RPG series uses completely new sets of enemies every game you dumb ESL.

I never did that time wasting brainlet shit, good riddance.

already addressed this in

Join Avenue
Pokestudios
Funfest mission

What?????

Right. If they aren't in Gen 5 then its gimmick content that shouldn't exist. Gimmicks that make the game feel more personalized like following pokemon are bad, but seasons were amazing, I'm sure. Gimmicks are bad, and instead we have real content like... a gutted Battle Frontier...

none exactly replace Secret Bases, but those additions were cool. especially Funfest, which replaces Gen 4 Underground and just makes it a much better feature

Gen 5 has plenty of garbage gimmick content, don't get me wrong. It's a perennial problem with the Pokemon series.

The fuck? It practically tries to mirror genwun

>It tries to mirror genwun
Not really. some designs in it do though