Anyone feel these games feel bizarrely eerie and surreal?

Anyone feel these games feel bizarrely eerie and surreal?

They have a unique atmosphere none of the other games really managed to capture.

Gen 1 itself was eerie and surreal as well but in a more oppressive and doomer way. FRLG is more homely and welcoming kinda like early Earthbound.

Attached: Pokemon-Firered-Leafgreen-Art.jpg (852x479, 71.2K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/5Z2bXmnomDY
youtube.com/watch?v=-4vpdkEkup8
youtube.com/watch?v=YiH0zYuieqo
youtube.com/watch?v=eXh2PUUrAAo
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Welcoming
youtu.be/5Z2bXmnomDY

>Gen 1 itself was eerie and surreal as well but in a more oppressive and doomer way
Pretty sure that you felt this because you played in black and white. I felt the game was lighthearted. But then again I am not a pussy that pretends lavender town is some big deal.

>bizarrely eerie and surreal
>unique atmosphere
>homely and welcoming
lot of words to just say nostalgia

youtube.com/watch?v=-4vpdkEkup8
youtube.com/watch?v=YiH0zYuieqo
youtube.com/watch?v=eXh2PUUrAAo

Attached: FRLGAD.png (900x900, 1.04M)

I think you're coloring your experience with something external. What about Gen 1 is oppressive or doomer?

>Butchers OST
>Bland colour palette
>LG gets starmie and slowbro exclusive, cucking FR for psychic types
>NOYOUCANTUSECROBATMUHKANTOOOPANDERING
>Postgame just as bad as gen2 version of Kanto
>Lol altering cave
>Lol new battle mechanics creates more of a disconnect between it and the original games it was inspired upon thanks to minmaxxing natures, EVs, abilities etc.

Where was the soul again?

Nah sevii islands definitely felt kinda surreal

>Butchers OST
>Bland colour palette
>dumb version exclusives
>can't use the new cross-evos in maingame
>Postgame just as bad as gen2 version of Kanto
>Lol new battle mechanics creates more of a disconnect between it and the previous games it was inspired upon thanks to split, new attacks etc.
but enough talking about DP
if you think "FRLG has a bland colour palette" (You) are fucking retarded
the only thing in your post I'll agree on is "NOYOUCANTUSECROBATMUHKANTOOOPANDERING" because yeah that's fucking bullshit

FRLG had so much SOUL it was unreal
pic rel

Attached: phonecall.jpg (409x509, 14.61K)

its sound design is really fucking good and they are an objectively better version of their original games. FRLG are dangerously based

bait

I think I know what you mean
I think it's partly because the FRLG colour palette is much lighter and more pastel than RSE, it gives a slightly dreamy, childish atmosphere

>game exists as cashgrab to make up for rnd costs

Attached: 1200px-Game-Boy-Advance-Wireless-Adapter.jpg (1200x888, 125.37K)

>B-BUT WHAT ABOU-
I don't care, Sinnoh sucks too. Try another argument instead of deflecting, it's so painfully obvious you have nothing
>if you think
You clearly don't if you think this shit looks good, or any of the in-game sprites for that matter.
The only thing I'll give you credit for is waiting 3 minutes to post your seething samefag, most summer teens don't wait that long to make it look convincing

Attached: 64bb89e697a1a447f5eb61b91fbe0b25--pokemon-sprites-rpg-maker.jpg (735x731, 132.67K)

I loved the presence of the "rough seas" surrounding the islands and the remixed gen 2 tracks

How come you didn't link the butchered Gym Leader/E4 theme?

>posts a tileset
>colours aren't bland in the slightest
shit dude it's almost as if you contradicted yourself

Maybe you had a bad experience in real life back when you first played the game

Is that all you can say because you're caught on everything else? Holy fuck lol you're pathetic
And yeah bro I contradicted myself by posting how the tileset is filled with washed out vomit yellows and greens with the occasional washed out purple if you're lucky

I found the fact that I didn't initially know anything about pokemon gave it a very new and discoverable feel.