ITT: Pokemon people hate for dumb reasons

ITT: Pokemon people hate for dumb reasons.
>It reminds me of MLP therefore bad

Attached: 078Rapidash-Galar.png (378x378, 169.17K)

People hate braixen just because it's popular

Attached: 1655095573201.jpg (850x1068, 87.36K)

Hating LGBT isn't dumb, it's instinctual

IWTCIPP

>UHHHH!!! IT NEEDS TO STAND UP ON TWO LEGS LIKE AN ANIME SAMURAI! ANIME ANIME ANIME!
lol

Attached: 1649180849904.jpg (1700x1200, 1.08M)

I also hate it because it reminds me of cringe MLP people in a circle I'm in

I didn't like it because it felt like such a cynical regional form. I understand why it exists, but I feel like the only reason they went ahead and created it was because they didn't want to make a new unique unicorn line and instead just doctored up this one with all the features they knew would make it popular for marketing. It just seems like if you boil down all the things wrong with modern Pokemon design, it comes out as Galarian Rapidash. I would have much rather had a unique Pokemon. And that goes for a lot of the other regional forms, especially the ones that only change the elemental typing of the Pokemon or exist "just because." I liked most of the original set from Generation 7 because a lot of them made sense from a lore perspective, but now it feels like the last two batches of regional forms just exist because they know it's going to drum up hype. Most of the Galarian and Hisuian forms seem way more contrived and forced, rather than natural. And back to my original point, this Pokemon 100% speaks to that through and through. There is absolutely nothing about Galar that is so radically different this Pokemon needs to exist in this form. And before you say oh there's this magical forest that's why it's this way, what do you think really came first? The Pokemon or the forest? It doesn't feel like they designed the region around this lore of magic and fantasy, they just sort of slapped that stuff in there even though it totally made sense to make it the whole game. Versus Alola, which was entirely tropical and an island so it entirely made sense to have the regional forms it did.

>TLDR this thing exemplifies why regional forms are becoming a cancer on the franchise

Attached: swordshield-origins-galarian-ponyta-notext.jpg (1024x576, 69.89K)

I'm not reading all that text but regional forms are a good addition to Pokemon.

I'll boil it down for you. I think regional forms were a great idea, but I think they are viewing away from the original design intent. The most recent regional forms seem like they came first and then the lore around them second, whereas in Generation 7 it seems like it was the other way. They created this tropical island and then thought of how Pokemon would change on it. Now they're just coming up with regional forms and trying to force them into the new regions, with very few exceptions

Same thing happened to Keldeo

hating this thing is not dumb, it's a pokefan's duty.

is mlp even relevant anymore

>Galar has Ice Mr. Mime and Darumaka because....
>Region based around a war and "infinite energy" has 1 magical forest so we have to have Galarian Ponyta
>Smokestack Weezing because Britain even though Weezing is already made from smog/pollution so fit fine with Industrial Revolution themes
>It was the PAST, so Sneasel was Poison type in this one region guys because... Mountain life? Just forget that it lived on a mountain in Johto too, ok?
>Lilligant changed its whole body shape and can fight now because it lives around a lot of mud
>Growlithe is like one of those temple statues now because it lives near a volcano, maybe? What do you mean it should get Rock Head? Just look at how cool this design is, forget that we didn't think this through

Etc etc. And the only thing that people who try to argue with me on this will say is "oh, well Pikachu ate pancakes and became Alolan Raichu? Lol get fucked." That's like the only example from Generation 7 though. All of the others match that region perfectly and make a lot of sense. The ones I just listed above just are random nonsense that they clearly created first because they thought it was cool and then realized they had to design stuff around them to make them make sense. They don't feel organic

I mean they don't feel organic because Galar is a sovlless region with no dungeons

No, but it absolutely fucking mindbroke Any Forums to the point it will take decades to fully recover

Hating it and its brothers because they're clones, but also liking lake trio and any Hoenn shitmon duo

Attached: simisage.png (1104x828, 1.47M)

I feel like people would like the monkeys better if 2/3 evolutions didn't look silly. Simisage looks like a badass while the other two just look retarded. The trio is also really right for a follow-up whether that's regional forms or just new editions, like the occasional fourth monkey holding its dick exists if I'm not mistaken

>It was the PAST, so Sneasel was Poison type in this one region guys because... Mountain life? Just forget that it lived on a mountain in Johto too, ok?
I think the implication is that Hisuian Sneasel is the original form, and when it moved to the colder part of the region (since we do see a few of them there) they gained the ice type.

> All of the others match that region perfectly and make a lot of sense
You decry the G-Ponyta line for having a single area that justifies their existence but are totally fine with the Alolan Geodude line doing the same exact thing? Same thing for the Alolan Grimer line, Alola isn't a pollution or oil heavy region in the slightest (in fact, it's shown multiple times to be far behind others in practical widespread technoligy), yet you can find Alolan Grimer just milling about on certain routes for no reason at all -despite the Pokedex claiming they were brought in to deal with a trash problem and changed because of that. This isn't even delving into how they just don't even bother trying to justify the Dark typing in the slightest.
You're full of shit, moron.

Attached: 1638823196758.jpg (505x607, 31.44K)

You should only hate genital choppers tho
Frfrfr

I think people get the Hisuian forms wrong in the first place. They're extinct subspecies/breeds not the original form. Unless we see Sneasler and pals in Johto Legends or whatever I'm not holding my breath assuming one evolved into the other. That's not how that shit works in the real world anyway

I said most of the Alolan felt organic. The Geodude line is pretty egregious, I'll give you that. But Grimer I'd argue makes sense in the context of "to help make this a tropical paradise, we imported this Pokemon...." They even allude to it driving the Trubbish line to near extinction in Alola. And the Dark type seems random but I think it was added to make it different and also sell how much more grimey and polluted it became. Even if you want to say Grimer doesn't feel organic though, you still have a higher amount of Alolan forms versus Galarian that "make sense." A lot of the Galarian forms could be native to any region, but most of the Alolans feel tied to the tropics of Alola. I guess the two Ice regionals could go anywhere too but even they realize that as A-Vulpix keeps popping up everywhere lately. Hisuians are weird because like I said above you could just argue they're extinct breeds or what have you, though again H-Sneasel and H-Lilligant still seem forced as fuck.