How would open world Pokemon even work? It's known for being linear and spamming roadblocks everywhere

How would open world Pokemon even work? It's known for being linear and spamming roadblocks everywhere

Attached: pokemon-scarlet-violet-koraidon-and-miraidon.jpg (1600x900, 187.26K)

Level and team size scaling to ranges determined by number of badges.

It wouldn't.
Look at Legends Arceus. They had no idea what to do once they handed you even the slightest smidgeon of freedom other than tell you to catch 25 of something while its back is turned or to use a move 20 times.
It could work under more competent hands. Under GameFreak, it's an impossibility.

Okay, so there's this RPG that's mostly been exclusive to Japan called Metal Max. It's an open world series.
So I want you to look it up. Now imagine that for Pokemon, but done worse in every way imaginable
That's gonna be SV's open world.

PLA isn't open world

i.e. it'll end up even worse when they actually have to do everything in one map.

>Open world roadblocks

>You can experience a new style of adventure, with a world that you’re free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story.
Doesn't sound like there'll be roadblocks to me

I'd be happy with hard level caps based on amount of badges.

The bigger problem is story progression.
I can see them doing vignettes per town/route and then doing a culminating story at the end.

I think the best option would be to split the story up into two or three main portions and have those portions play out in select towns.
For example the Professor's story beats are in towns 1, 3, and 7, where the Rival's story sections are in towns 2, 4 and 8, etc.

That way you're not stuck to just Dragon Quest-tier vignettes, you keep the open world and main plots can run alongside the open exploration.

the thing on the right is literally stolen from monster hunter lole

these box mons are dogshit

Agreed

Powerful Alphas will cockblock your way to certain areas

Open world is a meme. Meaningful Linearity > Bland Sandbox

Easy, the areas are guarded by high level mons from which you can't fight, run from nor even catch.

Pixelmon says hello.

>"meaningful"
>linearity
AHAHAHAHAHA
caught the coping unobabortion

It’s going to be like XY
Shitty unfinished base game with core battling intact

schizo moment

Unfashionably shit taste.

The site states that
> you’re free to explore at your leisure and not in an order dictated by the story
I hope this extends to gyms, because as much as I dislike a very certain romhack for its faggotry, I do like being able to save Bugsy for last or beating Claire first.