Mew

Mew.
So what was the original plan with Mew? When would Mew have been introduced if he wasn't sneakily programmed into the games at the last second? According to Bulbapedo, Mew officially revealed in the May 1996 just a couple months after the games were released in Japan. I assume Mew was known of before then by fans which prompted GF to reveal him.
Thoughts?

Attached: 530px-Mew_Adventures.png (530x599, 112.36K)

GS probably

Mew wasn't snuck in. This is fanon nonsense

>So what was the original plan with Mew?
To collect him and make him the best Pokemon friend.

Attached: 1633306237696.png (717x403, 276.48K)

>fanon nonsense
>literally confirmed by Morimoto

Dumb

They were going to make him a mystery gift like they've been doing with every mythical Pokemon, obviously

I assume GS/pokemon 2, which we know was planned way beforehand, so it closes the teasig at the mansion.

It was possibly just intended as a statement that there are more pokemon out there beyond the 150 that you can catch, you can't catch mew in game but it still exists in universe, something like that

>So what was the original plan with Mew?
It was never supposed to be something you actually encountered - it was to R/B/G/Y what the Original Dragon was to B/W/B2/W2. We were only ever supposed to know about its clone, Mewtwo. When the debug tools were removed from the final ROM, mew got inserted in as a joke - but while it got a small movepool, no restrictions were set on its learnable movelist, which is why it can learn any TM or HM given to it.
> I assume Mew was known of before then by fans which prompted GF to reveal him.
SHE (the Mew in RBGY literally gave birth to its clone) was discovered when fans messing with the game stumbled upon the Mew glitch - a specific way of manipulating the game's code to access it (which is actually stupidly easy to do - see the Missingno. glitch for a good example) and had it pop up in a wild encounter. After word spread, others replicated the glitch, and when GF got wind of it, they 'officially' released it by organizing an event and using a device to literally hack it into people's games, with a booth that functioned much like a Game Genie or Game Shark. The only reason nobody got fired over the debacle is because all of the rumors about Mew actually helped boost the game's sales and overall popularity; thus, Mew would later be officially added to the 'Dex and acknowledged as a real thing from that point on. This is also where the idea of Mythicals came from, along with the original means of having to attend events to get them.
>mystery gift
Didn't exist yet. The Gameboy Color (which had the IR scanner used for the first implementation of the Mystery Gift function) didn't release until '98, while the games came out in '96. Since the Gameboy/Gameboy Pocket didn't have IR capabilities and internet capabilities weren't introduced until the DS in 2004, the only method of getting Mew was either through trade (via direct link through a Game Link Cable) or by hacking it in with either a cheat device or glitch.

>SHE (the Mew in RBGY literally gave birth to its clone)
Shut the fuck up, that's just a metaphor for Mewtwo using Mew's DNA.

Nice headcanon. Regardless of how you translate the first line of that journal entry, the second line in both the original translation and the English one specifically refer to Mewtwo as Mew's child, not a clone ('We named the child Mewtwo'). If it was intended to be a metaphor, they wouldn't have bothered to use that specific word in that specific context in that specific entry.
But why does the idea of Mew being female upset you? Almost every Legendary or Mythical was designed with a specific sex in mind - the only reason they're considered 'genderless' is to prevent you from breeding more of them (except in the first game, where none of the Pokemon other than Nidoran had a sex).

>refer to Mewtwo as Mew's child
Again, metaphor. Nice job, captain retard.

Not everything's a metaphor - especially since metaphors in Japanese don't work the way they do in English. because the literal word for 'child' is used in the Japanese translation, it can't be a metaphor and is, in fact, literal.
Take a language class before you try correcting someone and end up putting your foot in your mouth again, kid.

>Not everything's a metaphor
True, but these statements are a part of the same metaphor. Retard.

The 'metaphor' only works in English, though. It would have to be worded differently in Japanese to make it work. Which it isn't. It's written using literal sentence structure here - which you would know if you actually took a fucking class on languages. You're really making yourself look more and more idiotic with every response you type, dude.
Also, you still haven't said why Mew being canonically female in the first game offends you so much. It's whole thing is that it's the 'Mother of all Pokemon' from a scientific standpoint versus Arceus' 'Father of all Creation' from a religious one.

There's no telling for certain. It could have remained an (in-lore) only Pokemon to keep the idea alive that there's more Pokemon the world doesn't yet know about and might not ever know about, or it could have become the ultimate challenge of Pokemon 2 as a fully realized attempt at Tajiri's original vision of Mythical Pokemon, requiring both the original and the sequel to be able to locate and capture it in 2.

>why Mew being canonically female
It's not.
>'Mother of all Pokemon
More metaphor
Hey, why don't you hold my dick for a minute? I'm gonna pee in your mouth. FUCKING idiot.

>It's not.
Prove it. The game says otherwise in BOTH languages.
>More metaphor
When it's directly stated in all alter entries that it literally contains the DNA of all Pokemon? How stupid are you
>Hey, why don't you hold my dick for a minute?
Nevermind - you just answered my question. You're gay, so you're threatened by women and natural reproduction. Gotcha loud and clear.

>Prove it. The game says otherwise in BOTH languages.
Seriously learn how to read words, it's a metaphor.
>Nevermind - you just answered my question.
Me peeing in your mouth makes you gay, fucking fart huffer. Stupid queer.

>but while it got a small movepool, no restrictions were set on its learnable movelist, which is why it can learn any TM or HM given to it.
Are you telling me Mew's whole lore about being Pokemon's last common ancestor because it learns every move is the result of a programming oversight?
I can believe it, because Gen 1 actually makes no reference to this, Mew only got its lore in Gen 2

Attached: 5ca.jpg (570x558, 260.13K)

Why did they make the ancestor of all pokemon a cat?

>Seriously learn how to read words
That's what I've been telling YOU to do - that 'metaphor' doesn't work in the original Japanese language, so the translation MUST be taken in a literal sense. There's no side-stepping that, and you'd know that if you actually knew Japanese.
>Me peeing in your mouth makes you gay
You performing the sexual act makes the person being forced to endure it gay? You truly are delusional. Also likely underaged - this site is for people 18 years or older, so maybe Reddit would be more your speed?
>Are you telling me Mew's whole lore about being Pokemon's last common ancestor because it learns every move is the result of a programming oversight?
Yes - that lore was made after the fact to explain why it inexplicably could learn things it logically shouldn't be able to.

It's not a cat

>Name based on the onomatopea for a cat
Okay retard

Mewtwo was grown from an embryo, user. They said child because it was literally a child. That doesn't mean Mew was impregnated, it means it's a fucking test tube baby like they've consistently shown for cloning in the series.