Pokémon Crystal Clear was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean...

Pokémon Crystal Clear was the most disappointing thing since my son. I mean, how much more could you possibly fuck up an open world version of Gen 2? And while my son eventually hanged himself in the bathroom of the gas station, the unfortunate reality of this hack is that it'll be around. Forever. It will never go away. It can never be undone. If someone under the age of, like, 20 says that his least favorite hack is Clover because it was "the most boringest one", then I suggest you hide this thread right now before I carefully explain how much of a fucking idiot you are. So where do I possibly start? Nothing in Crystal Clear makes any sense at all. Comes off like it was made by an 8 year old. Like ShockSlayer finished the game in one sitting, like uploaded it in, and he decided to go with it, without anyone saying that it was poorly designed or was a stupid, incoherent mess. At this point who's gonna question ShockSlayer, or tell him what to do. He controls every aspect of the hack. Probably got rid of those people that questioned his creativity a long time ago. I also think that everyone just assumed that a open world version of Crystal would be an instant hit regardless of what the execution was. Really, how hard would it be to screw it up? It's like screwing up mashed potatoes. YOU BOIL THE WATER, POUR THE PACKET-

Attached: 4de7729ea5daf28540ee79b3dca73d19.png (500x493, 70.96K)

>an open world version of Gen 2
that's just gen 2

This hack apparently removes all roadblocks, lets you start in any town and do the gyms in any order with level scaling based on the number of badges you have

okay, but why?

>black npcs in gen 2 style

Attached: 1627272729925.png (411x496, 88.47K)

Because people like Pokemon and open-world games but Gamefreak is shit at game design.

>people like open-world games
okay, but why?

It's fixed.

Attached: 1652191321038.png (350x122, 5.96K)

What kind of psy-op meme bullshit is this? Crystal Clear is a well done (and enjoyable) romhack, and you fucking retards bitch endlessly about your "vanilla skin patch", and "Shockslayer sucks". Have any of you specific idiots actually tried it? I literally would rather play Crystal Clear, than slog through actual Golf or Silver again (and Gold was my first GB game).

>inb4 Nice Try, Shockslayer

This board is fucking dying from erotic asphyxiation, the circlejerk bullshit only intensifies

>well done (and enjoyable)
ok no
enjoyable? sure, it's Gen 2, fucking duh
well done? not in the slightest lmao
all those self-inserts that are randomly at fixed levels when the rest of the game is scaled, I'm calling bullshit police.

I will never say a single good thing about CC or Shockslayer until he makes the code public and stops being a fruity piece of shit.
Also Polished is better

>try Crystal Clear
>open world, go anywhere at anytime setup essentially means there is zero reason to do anything that isn't "go to the area with the highest leveled wilds" and "grind the same gyms for levels"
All cock and no cum

you must be 18+ years old to post here little retard

kys newfag

nice fake mspaint edit shockslayer

play pokemon clover instead

The scaling is completely off.
The game is way too fucking easy after the third gym.

If it was was maybe 1 or 2 nignogs it wouldn't bother me, because it would stick out.
But iirc it was like every fucking NPC was some form of mutt.

>Crystal Clear is well done
>doesn't add most QoL things that are the standard in Gen 2 romhacks nowadays because he wants it to be compatible with Stadium
Absolutely retarded.

It's not public? lmao what a cunt
Even that furfag Rangi made Polished open source

mistyped, should be "wouldn't stick out"

the code is not public because clover devs stole your virginity

My biggest gripe with CC itself is that you HAVE to start at New Bark or Pallet and the wild encounters don't scale, meaning you're likely to just explore the region as if you were playing a vanilla hack until you get Fly or Surf. There was an open world Red hack called Roaming Red that let you start in any town, so why they couldn't implement that feature in CC is a mystery to me. Everyone has a bone to pick with Shockslayer and they let that grudge bleed into how they look at the game. But you didn't need me to say that. It's pretty obvious.

The code isn't public because it's probably shit and he doesn't want anyone to make a better a version of CC by taking all the good shit Polished added.

As in:
>Infinite TMs
>Gen 3 PC boxes
>Phys/Spec split
>Abilities
>Natures
>Continuous Repel
>Bill calls to switch boxes when one is full
>etc

>you HAVE to start at New Bark or Pallet
Really? I usually start at Cianwood with a Houndour and I had no issue.