Flying type sucks

I'm not taking back that statement

Flying type is divided into two groups really.

>birds
>dual types

I make this distintion because the birds are usually made with different stats and moves that dual type flyers (brave bird, double edge.) also dual types are usually the bulky flying mons with the exception of skarmory and corviknight

>why does it suck
Moves being split up ridiculously based on name. All fire mons can learn flare blitz and flamethrower but only winged bird can learn dual wingbeat with the exception of dragons. You can't give brave bird to most flying mons.

>its a good dual type
Its not even. Theres no coverage, and it only exists for the ground immunity and a few resists. The types it hits for super effective aren't rare but they aren't top tier like dragon, fairy, water ot steel.

Theres a reason we only have 1 mono flying

>Challenge
Comment without using the words ground or earthquake

Attached: B4743436-19A8-475C-90E2-2BFA2D327FB0.jpg (1280x720, 223.18K)

Cope

It's definitely a relic of its time, and will be the first thing they rework if they ever do a major overhaul of the gameplay.

Corviknight invalidates your entire essay and I need not elaborate.

Attached: 131313131314.png (1280x1123, 1.07M)

>only good because it has 2 weaknesses and alot of resists
>not good because flying type has a theme or core to it, that makes it good.

>All fire types can learn flare blitz and flamethrower
Yes and not all fire types can learn Fire Lash or Eruption. I don't understand why people try to judge types in a vacuum like this

Because the best flying move gyados gets is bounce. Its the only type where mons that are popular in the type struggle for coverage from their own type

>Moves being split up ridiculously based on name
Kinda like Rock with Power Gem.

Yea rock is shit too.

What are you talking about schizoid, Corviknight being Flying is probably why it gets it's two most important moves, Defog and Roost.

>it's another "OP complains about balance despite blatantly not playing the game" thread

it could have been pure steel with levitate and still get those

>only winged bird can learn dual wingbeat with the exception of dragons
Scyther
Ninjask
Butterfree
Buzzwole
Celebi
Charizard
Clefable
Crobat
Dunsparce
Emolga
Frosmoth
Lunala
Mew
Ribombee
Vespiquen
Sigilyph
Swoobat
Togekiss
Vikavolt
Volcarona

Fuck out of here.

All those are bugs, bats or charizard. I don't see mantine

Yeah Gyarados is balanced around that, if it could Ddance and brave bird you to death it would be stupid as hell

>fucking dunsparce learns dual wingbeat
based and hilarious

>Resists Fighting and hits it back super-effectively
Here, you are already wrong. May i continue?

The Ungrounded effect that Flying provides is so valuable, they made an ability AND two moves AND an item to mimic it, as well as dozens of ways to counter it

> Clefable
> Dunsparce
> Emolga
> Froslass
> Mew
> Sigilyph
> Togekiss
> Only bugs, bats and Charizards

Yeah and Steelix could've been pure Steel with Lightning Rod. Does that mean Ground shouldn't exist?

>Levitate with Pure Steel
>Now it's weak to Fighting

why do you take such offense that most flying types are birds or dual types? why aren't you seething about bug type or ice type instead?

>its bad because i said so
>no your reasons dont count!

>most water types are based on fish or other animals that live in the water
>this is fine
>most flying types are based on birds or other animals that live in the sky
>aaaaah nooo my autism this can't be possible