PMD 2 discussion - PMD general discussion

So I'm replaying PMD sky and I noticed that the pacing is a bit slow. Has anyone who replayed it recently felt the same way?

also by chance does anyone know of any good PMD sky rom hacks? I think having sky but with gen 5 Pokemon would be neat.

Attached: PMD sky.png (478x650, 271.75K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/file/tB1AyJSD#o3wy1ZZkYWUsUX18xv-kWijqYFJF1belAyuCkVoeCx0
pastebin.com/skU8FRmK
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Earlygame in general is pretty slow, not much you can do about that.
As for hacks, there's not even sprites for a lot of gen 5 pokes yet, but hopefully it gets there soon. Other than that, what are you looking for in a hack?

Attached: fuck unown stones.webm (488x348, 2.86M)

Just anything that enhances the base game. Nothing too crazy. I just want a game to play since my current ones are in dry seasons. Admittedly I've never actually fully 100% completed every dungeon in the base game so I should take the time to do that.

is this the time to shill?
I made a QoL hack for the game if that's what you're looking for. 1.11 is just about done actually, Unown Stone skip being the big new thing

Attached: ches.png (472x349, 95.91K)

Well when you were a kid you had a lot more time so pacing wasnt quite an issue

As for the hacks, look up Sky hack by Starro

Looks interesting. I'm down to give it a try. Is it compatible with sky editor or whatever the save file editor is called? I will need to change my partner Pokemon. It's best for me to wait for 1.11 to finish though, I'm assuming, if no don't rush yourself I know stuff like that takes time.

Pacing sucked even as a kid.

Its a fine game but I only love the QOL changes rather than the cringe story.

Music and Sprites are Top Tier as expected. Rescue Team is better.

Attached: 1653418624352.gif (499x374, 321.68K)

I was going to add more for 1.11, but fuck it, i can add anything i want to another version. Unown Stone skip is a big enough deal in my eyes. mega.nz/file/tB1AyJSD#o3wy1ZZkYWUsUX18xv-kWijqYFJF1belAyuCkVoeCx0
changes: pastebin.com/skU8FRmK

It works with Skytemple. There's no need for Skyeditor anymore, the program was overly buggy and crashed all the time. Starterswaps work perfectly fine with Skytemple and should be relatively self-explanatory to do. You could also just load your vanilla save into the hack, it'll work but I only bothered to add sleep animations for the new starters I added, and their evos.

Attached: sleep.png (470x357, 146.64K)

You're cringe.

He did NOTHING wrong.

Attached: 1647760286898.jpg (861x579, 82.51K)

Thanks user, I'll take a look once I get the chance. What's Skytemple if I may ask?

Read my fanfiction

I might do a live stream of an Explorers of Sky randomizer this month.

Attached: 30EAD562-911F-411B-BF1F-38AE42CA922D.jpg (640x640, 80.23K)

it's the main romhacking tool EoS uses nowadays. What starter did you want to add to it?

fem snorunt, pretty much want the same team I have in the OP.

are you that raichu x froslass autist?
based if so.

where would you stream? I've seen screenshots and randomizers for this game look very interesting.

yes and thank you user

It won't be a problem to swap out a starter for it, but you won't have portraits for Snorunt/Froslass unless you download them and add them in yourself, same with sleeping animations

Right now i’m thinking YouTube as shit as the platform is. I’ll have to see.

me and my partner

Attached: Screenshot_2022-07-06-08-10-36-1.png (800x1197, 629.7K)

>evolved in RT
:(

I see, I might consider trying it then. Though admittedly it feels like Sky Editor has already served it's purpose for me (making the Snorunt) so I feel like there really isn't anything Temple will do for me in all honesty.
Swampert is based, you have good taste.

Why would you remove Unown? You mean people didn't like an entirely RNG based puzzle that had limited tries??? WHO DESIGNED THAT PUZZLE

If you dont care about portraits and sleep animations, there's no reason to get it. Your save should work just fine in the hack. Savestates don't transfer over though, since the gamestate in general is always in a slightly different state.

Fuck Unown. I gutted a few of them from the game entirely to make room for things like sleep animations/Chespin and Minccino. I edited Aegis cave 7 separate times because of how awful an experience it is.

Psst. Vulpix is missing from Partner.

have some oc

Attached: cleanseob.png (2181x6000, 3.19M)