I've never played a pokemon game before, was recommended by a friend to play picrel. What am I in for?

I've never played a pokemon game before, was recommended by a friend to play picrel. What am I in for?

Attached: Platinum_EN_boxart.png (1114x1000, 1.75M)

>What am I in for?
A pokemon game. Platinum version to he exact.

Pokemon games are pretty nice rpgs. I recommend engaging in side content whenever it appears. Catch new pokemon whenever they appear too if you want.

Don't bother with the archaic games

Play Following Platinum and use HxD so it runs at 60 fps. Literally the best way to play Slognoh.

the most boring game in the series

and here comes the autism.

You’re not going to be able to look at your friend the same way after being recommended such an easy game series. I hope you’re prepared to understand that adult game fans such as myself are niche spergies.

Imbeciles that start a thread with "What am I in for" should be instabanned.

You know what's the biggest problem with the modern consumer? Literally starved for dopamine that you need to be told how to enjoy a product.
What's the point of this thread?
Go play the game.
See for yourself.
Why sit in a thread where you will be spoiled, your expectations will be skewed and you will never have a single shred of an authentic experience.
Think for yourself.
Literally develop a brain and have the experience on your own.
Stop waiting for others to tell you what to think, feel and do.
Stop living life through proxy.
We were never meant to learn so much of our life through proxy.
We were never meant to be this detached from ourselves that we need other people to fill in the gaps for us.
Stop making these retarded threads and asking these braindead questions like "What am I in for?"
What you are in for is a life devoid of any authenticity. A boring dull and completely souless existence where your mind is nothing but a drone to other people's whims. A literal slave, mind and body forever stuck in validation and scarcity FOMO hell.
This generation is completely fucked. Stop.
Live.

Make sure to play on Set mode

What's autistic about following Pokemon?

Attached: 4E35BD0C-882F-4B2A-B6EC-854AD7EA1241.jpg (640x863, 466.48K)

Probably the peak of the series

Oh boy you've done it now, you-know-who isn't going to like that.

this

bad pokemon distribution, bad story, bad difficulty, bad map design, and bad battle frontier are the peak of the series

>bad pokemon distribution
Any Forums told me to only play with my starter so that shouldn't be an issue.
>bad story
Easily top 3.
>bad difficulty
It's a Battle Frontier game.
>bad map design
It doesn't really do anything different from the other in terms of map design.
>bad battle frontier
There's no Palace or Pike so that can't be true.

Cry harder.

They're basically all the same. Mainly this

>the peak of the series
Yup

This.
Yes. Pokemon "fans" who don't like this game will never understand what made Pokemon good. It wasn't made to attract noobs and normies with spectacle. It was made to please autistic Pokemon fans. Its difficulty, while not extreme, is challenging. It has large caves with maze-like layouts. The physical/special split makes it even more interesting than the GBA games and all the new moves and items just add to the strategic depth. The inclusion of so many new evolutions of older pokemon is cool. The final boss is probably the toughest and coolest one in the series. There's a ton of content including a huge postgame. I don't see how this isn't Pokemon in its peak form.
And before you ask, I'm a millennial who started with gen 1.

You'd be better off asking Any Forums to be honest

>Platinum/HGSS
Best "dated" experience
>BW/2
More streamlined, better monsters but not the species-experience to grow up with

You can only say this if you're a NEET consoomer that can just shovel in media daily and have enough time to waste with shit you'll end up not liking

I agree XY is the peak of the series