With masuda gone there is a shift in company culture

>with masuda gone there is a shift in company culture
>game freak decides it is time to enter the retro pixelart indie game market
>a sequel to GSC is made in the style of gameboy era game
>it outsells even elden ring as pewdiepie and other ecelebs and groomers starts streaming it

Attached: 1656538817046.png (750x711, 86.97K)

Normies don't like going backwards.

>be retard
>frogpost
Ohmori's not going to dumb down visuals just so you can pretend to be loved by daddy like back in 2001 before he'd left again. He wants to display his cumskull designs properly and "muh spwites" don't feed into that aim.

>so you can pretend to be loved by daddy like back in 2001 before he'd left again
jesus that's some deep psychological projection

this isn't going to happen. trump lost. we don't live in the based timeline user.

Not really, I'M perfectly content with leaving the 80's visuals behind. Seems you're desperate to return to the past, as if you think that would fix the failure your life has turned out.

>Ohmori's not going to dumb down visuals
Oh boy, you're going to get ridiculously mad in Gen 10

Again, I doubt it. I never had any issue with how they displayed their shit to-date and know enough to know they aren't going back to the dinosaur days. Mald some more about losing your kiddy toy and father figure in one fell swoop 20 years ago.

>80's visuals
>Pokémon first released in the 90's
Seems like you're the failure zoom zoom

Ohmori has to be the laziest member to touch GF's directive as today.
Remember his words at the time USUM was announced?
>Making videogames is too hard ;-;

Yeah, 2D sprites was 80's creation, 90's introduced 3D and polygons to normie vocabulary (as displayed by the Game Boy having 2D and the N64 having 3D display for the pokémon creations). And that's ignoring 3D didn't come to the series until 2006's DP and fully implemented until 2013.
So yes user, they were using 80's visuals all the way up to 2012 and the *last* 2D pokémon release. Sorry to educate you outside school hours, but I guarantee I just got paid the same as any your teachers do on the clock.

>Moving the Goalposts already
wew

retard

user it took Any Forums FIVE YEARS to make a piddly little romhack, never mind the fact 3D game design and development escapes their understanding entirely (and the ones that do understand, know better than to make retarded statements arguin against that generalisation).
Yep, making games IS hard, making them in 3 years and to explicitly drive the biggest kid's brand in the world is harder, but what's hardest is explaining to incels like you exactly why they have not, do not and never will give a shit for pandering to you, when they've got a walled garden audience in kids and parents of kids who are familiar with the brand enough to know it's kid-safe to the point it's more trustworthy than Disney, as Pokémon hasn't had the vast amount of paedo and sex pest accusations that Disney's been hit with (and that's not even considering the parents who undertook a pokémon journey in the past exposing their children to it)

Attached: Screenshot 2022-07-05 at 18-00-30 Photo of Joey Ryan Working at Disneyland Goes Viral and Has Reportedly Been Fired.png (736x717, 499.82K)

>Comparing people who do it for free in thier free time and run everything through committee to someone who works 40 hours a week and can do more of less whatever they want
Stop being a disingenuous chubby cunny loving faggot

>pw poster is retarded as well
Go back to your containment board, faggot

I am sorry your dad abandoned you in 2001

what on earth is GF doing that makes you think a return to 2D is on the horizon
if you wanna go down that road then sprites are a 70s creation. your ego is really fragile, aint it

I was going to say Japs don't like pixel art, but then I remembered Squeenix shits out yearly pixel art remakes with great success

Japan probably likes pixel art more than the west. Undertale is more popular in Japan than in the US. Might have something to do with how their arcade scene lasted a lot longer but I'm not sure.

Square Enix is a company of talented people, especially talented artists. You can't compare with the rejects of the industry that is Game Freak.

Square hasn't made a good game in over a decade. They have published plenty of good games though

based