Isekai

>Isekai
>in Pokemon games
>my soul

Attached: 1613045700153m.jpg (865x1024, 65.71K)

name one (1)

and if you say PLA i'm dunking my balls down your throat

Mystery Dungeon

And what's wrong with that?

P L A
L
A

Why not PLA?

LGPE
Mistery Dungeon

> (OP) #
>And what's wrong with that?

Everything is wrong with it you stupid motherfucker,pokimen timeline is already a big pile of shit,we need no more shit like that

The entire point of isekai is that you were a loser or insignificant or didn't have something you wanted in the real world, and now it's the complete opposite in the world you were transported to.
None of these remotely fit the definition, we don't know who the fuck any of these people were before they came to the Pokemon world

Doesn’t isekai literally just mean “another world”?
Just because it doesn’t match the usual tropes doesn’t mean it doesn’t fit.

youre not supposed to take timeline seriously

This would be like calling Dragon Ball Z an isekai because Goku gets sent to another dimension (the afterlife) in the first few episodes
There's a difference between "mc gets sent to other world" and "mc is sent to other world because it fulfills a purpose they couldn't have in real life"

Isekai is only bad because it's blatant wish fulfillment with a Gary Stu self-insert MC

A story where the character gets sent to another world, but without typical isekai tropes, isn't typically considered isekai. Isekai is basically an insult to stories with those kinds of shitty tropes, the Scarlet and Violet characters are literal blank slates with no personality

what are you talking about?
Stuff like Fushigi Yugi or Digimon are Isekai and don't fit your definition.
Even that loli spin off of Fate ended up as an Isekai.

>wish fulfillment bad because...IT JUST LE IS OKAY

The problem is that the Japanese producers noticed that the stories that fulfilled these characteristics of easy escapism were more profitable and easier to produce.

It simply compares the narrative of a classic fantasy novel with a contemporary Japanese light novel.

And the truth is that from a financial point of view I cannot criticize them, what is the use of creating a cult work through 5-6 years of production that is not very profitable, while the story of the fetishes of a teenage otaku sells millions and his sequel is written overnight (just add more monster girls).

I just realized, the wording i used is kind of misleading

>Isekai is basically an insult to stories with those kinds of shitty tropes, the Scarlet and Violet characters are literal blank slates with no personality
I meant to say that Scarlet and Violet aren't really isekai

The fact that the player characters have no personality or backstory is actually not a bad thing in Scarlet and Violet's case. Because they don't have any of the typical "i was a otaku loser in the real world, but now i'm a demigod with a harem in this world because reasons". Since we have literally no idea who they were before getting transported

So, Tanya the evil isn't an Isekai because we know that the MC was a salaryman who liked to look down on others before insulting God?

Yes, it's their cope because they just hate the genre.

>This would be like calling Dragon Ball Z an isekai because Goku gets sent to another dimension (the afterlife) in the first few episodes
That IS an isekai. It just lasts an arc instead of the entire story.

>The entire point of isekai is that you were a loser or insignificant or didn't have something you wanted in the real world, and now it's the complete opposite in the world you were transported to.
Bullshit. The only requirement is that the character is sent to another place that isolates them from everything they knew. Digimon is isekai. Samurai Jack is isekai. John Carter is isekai.

"Isekai" is just the Japanese name for the genre known as Portal Fantasy in the West. This is one of the most well-respected genres in children's literature, including titles like The Chronicles of Narnia and the Wizard of Oz.