What's going on with the size difference here?

What's going on with the size difference here?
I can understand the whole indoor/outdoor thing
but the national park here seems to imply that the normal routes and cities are actually miniaturized,
and that really if time and graphics allowed we should be walking around in the scale of the national park all the time.

Attached: sizediff.png (1488x866, 162.17K)

Well yeah, older games required and allowed a bit more imagination on our part.

>the normal routes and cities are actually miniaturized
Well duh

>but the national park here seems to imply that the normal routes and cities are actually miniaturized,

We have known this since the beginning, it's true of all video games.

we knew that buildings and so on were smaller
but the ordinary grass and ground, even the roads being smaller too?

user. Did you really think that the cities in-universe were small enough that you could walk from one side to the other in under a minute?
It's just an abstraction?

Yes. Norman confirms in Emerald that it takes 30 minutes to walk from your home in Littleroot to the gym in Petalburg.

Yes, I thought the pokemon world was retarded like that.

You seriously never questioned why the towns and cities were so much bigger in the anime? You really thought Pallet Town only had two houses?

>the anime
just random backdrops there, not really that interesting
>small towns with two houses
yes I got this part, but for some reason I didnt think this also applied to the routes between the towns as well.

And here I dont mean length, but like each route is a small area between points A and B that you get to experience, but that area itself is at least scaled correctlym

Well duh, congratulations you figured it out!
Graphics and mechanics are just approximations of events that are happening in games, it's especially true for older, less robust graphically titles. Your imagination and common sense are supposed to fill the gaps.

i filled your mum's gap yesterday
she might be an older, more robust graphically mom,
but congratulations are in order!

Attached: 1642468989431s.jpg (250x215, 6.9K)

checked and keked
btfo

Attached: home...jpg (501x463, 55.71K)

based
checked

Well, yeah, you can't really call this 30 second walk from one big city to the next a full-blown "route".

Attached: Kanto_Route_7_RBY.png (320x288, 11.82K)

such a weird map

>What's going on with the size difference here?
The Johto blockset didn't have a building that big.

Attached: 1626635860442.png (722x628, 32.61K)

The same thing happens with the Ilex Forest and Azalea/Route 34.

Attached: file.png (1440x864, 105.75K)

user... it's been like that in every single Pokemon game. Even the Switch ones. How retarded are you?