How the fuck did Zubats get inside an underwater cave?

How the fuck did Zubats get inside an underwater cave?

Attached: PRS&E_Route_128_cave.png (224x144, 2.59K)

This always bothered me, they could have put interesting mons there but no, they decided to fill it with Zubat and Tentacool instead.

Smaller entrances in the rocks above land.

Maybe the cave used to exist before that ocean and the Zubats were trapped? Either that or Fug dumped them in there because he knew that their screeches would torment Kyogre/Groudon to no end

How come I don't remember this in Gen 3 but have played Ruby/Emerald combined fully probably 10+ times?

Because you have bad memory. The Seafloor Cavern is pretty short and unspectacular but it's filled with enough unique things that you should at least remember some of the stuff.

They either flew there, or they were there before it became an underwater cave.

Because Gen 3 has probably the most atrocious spread of wild Pokemon, ESPECIALLY in the later part of the game.

Which I don't fucking get. Why program new sprites and new movepools for every Pokemon in the game but then be stingy with them?

They easily could've found a spot for most Pokemon in the National Dex to be catchable and its pretty bad that they didn't considering they cut off connectivity with the GBC games.

I just finished Nuzlocking these games. It's pretty funny how your encounters pretty much end once you get to Lilycove because from there its pretty much just Tentacools, Wingulls and Wailmers for the rest of the game.

Attached: route112.png (523x266, 16.93K)

From above.

This becomes very apparent in nuzlockes, after Lilycove all you get are the same water types.

>Because Gen 3 has probably the most atrocious spread of wild Pokemon, ESPECIALLY in the later part of the game.

DP takes the cake when it comes to terrible Dex and distribution and it's not even close. There's a reason why Flint uses Drifblim, Lopunny, and Steelix, Volkner uses Ambipom and Octillery, and Candice uses Medicham.
Despite only having Wingulls and Tentacools in the water (outside of fishing), Hoenn still has far more choices than DP. DP Sinnoh Dex is so bad that despite being based on a snowy region it has fewer Ice-type Pokemon prior to the Elite Four than tropical Hoenn. Hoenn has three (Walrein, Glalie, and Regice) while DP Sinnoh has only two (Weavile and Abomasnow).

Attached: DP.png (5604x2400, 3.89M)

This

>and its pretty bad that they didn't considering they cut off connectivity with the GBC games.

They did consider it, they intended to sell them back to you. It's why I always lol when people defend the GBA era.

And then you woke up and realized that you don’t reach Mt pyre, Sky Pillar, the underwater, shoal cave or victory road until you make it to lilycove. You also get a super rod in mosdeep town, which also helps add variety

>There's a reason why Flint uses Drifblim, Lopunny, and Steelix, Volkner uses Ambipom and Octillery, and Candice uses Medicham.
They wanted to make an interesting game for once?

Adding as well you can't go to the safari zone until lilycove.

Any other areas with weird mon appearances? I like these.

No, it's because they had abhorrent foresight with type distribution and were arbitrarily limited by "MUH 151 JUST LIKE KANTOOOOOOOOOOO" regional dex count.
Even Gardenia just barely fucking makes it on Grass Types, the only other options DP offered for her were Plant Cloak Wormadam and Carnivine.

Man those games were so shit. They were only fun back in the day because the power creep was insane

What good Pokemon to put there?

>Marill, Whiscash (these types of fish can walk on land), corphish, surksit, lotad
not salty water mons

>Staryu
they rather prefer beaches

>ghosts, psyduck, clampearl, corsola, chinchou
i think they're ok

>slugma, koffing, sandshrew
maybe go by remains after volcano

Because emerald is a Retarded game

This. The cave has another entrance somewhere.