Are there people who exist that like both styles?

Pic related. Every time one of those Pokemon art style threads pops up on here, or on other platforms, the newer style is pretty much always met with scrutiny. I'm not for or against either, I just want to see if people actually like the newer style of Pokemon designs.

Attached: shifting.jpg (700x594, 70.34K)

gen 1 style looks like shit

I like it all pretty much
also I prefer most of the "newer" examples here

These images are clearly made to be biased to a certain style.

I think they always make the newer style worse even though there's new style pokemon I prefer and like. I like the "old" zorua but the rest of them are bad.

Gen 1 Zorua and Pikipek look like fucking ASS

Here, without bias.

Attached: 18.png (2325x1185, 3.02M)

I hate genwunners like you wouldnt believe and left looks objectively better.

I'm okay with babymons having the cutesy, simple style, but it irks me when they do the same for the final evolution.

Nu-Pidgey >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Old pidgey

Older Pokemon look better with the old artstyle and newer Pokemon look better with the new artsyle. Almost like they were designed with their artstyles in mind

It depends entirely on what the design is going for. Zorua is supposed to be a mischievous trickster, and the current design reflects that. Likewise with Crabrawler, it's supposed be a boxer, not just a crab.

Old style works for more animalistic Pokemon, new style works for more "humanized" Pokemon.

Nearly any change to crabbrawler's look, is an improvement.

It obviously does, blindie

>look mom, I'm different!

Don't you be talking shit about my boy Pidgey

I miss the water colors, it added a bit of identity.

I want to see the other Zorua / Vulpix comparison pic, where it looks even more like Rita dumped into a coalbin

Attached: f71f16f0e192b8296ba4d41b404130bb.jpg (800x430, 70.74K)

I like Gen 8’s designs overall but it also introduced the three worst designs in the series (Cinderace, Intelleon, and Sneasler) so I gotta go with Gen 1 on this one, even though Gen 1 doesn’t have any designs I would say are “the best”

Gen 1 Zorua just looks like something from furaffinity

Creatures vs happy meal toys.