I think mythical pokemon SUCK

I think mythical pokemon SUCK.
There are too many legendaries
Event/Timed exclusive pokemon are stupid
it's all bullshit

Attached: 1647356015715.jpg (243x250, 6.61K)

Both legendaries and mythicals do. They are also detrimental to the tournament scene, since they are often meta and you pretty much need to cheat to get them with good IVs.

There are way too many of them. Play a randomizer, or if you don't like them, go to some app that rolls a random pokemon. There are so many of them that they aren't rare at all. If something is so common, it's not special and that defeats the purpose.

I don't think there are too many mythical pokemon. Gen 4 and 7 went overboard with mythicals but I think 1-2 each gen from now on would be good

To be fair caps exist now and even without them you are often guaranteed at least 3 max IVs nowadays

0 would be good. its retarded to time any mon at all
at least now they're undoing that

>Introduce 100 new Pokemon
>2% or LEGENDARY
Yeah, no.
We need to kill off some of those species as is.

My problem with legendaries is less that there are too many (though there are) and more that the concept has become divorced from its origin. They weren't gods in the flavor of Zeus and were more like Shinto kami, a particularly powerful force of nature that ruled over a secluded mountain or lake. Because of this, it felt mysterious and special when you explored to the edge of the map, found an island, went deep into a system of caves, and found Articuno. They were a little more upfront about it in Gen 2 with Johto culture being based off of Shinto traditions. The legendaries there have multiple myths told of them and are tended to by an order of monks. Then Gen 3 happens and they are literal kaiju. Then Gen 4 happens and we have a pantheon of reality-warping superbeings and a creator deity. They stopped being part of the mysterious unknown world and just became "this particular region's space Godzilla".

>mythical pokemon SUCK
mah dick!

Attached: 80ff76839a0f774bc94ef9797edff5a1.jpg (2000x1414, 207.95K)

t. cheese burger cat

>BDSP
>Timed/Event gated mons
>Buy game used to try it out
>Nope lol, no way to get these mons even though the game has been out for less than a year :)

It didn't help with Gen III and onwards FORCING you to interact with box legend

That's why it's on the box. Do you want to buy game and then never meet titular pokemon of the generation?

Yes

The Johto games won't shut the fuck up about their Legendaries, user, even in gen 2 despite not being forced to battle them (until the remakes). They're literally mentioned more times than Team Rocket in those games, as well as more often than every other region's Legendaries. Gen 1 is the singular time they don't shove them down your throat, and even then they're still right in front of you because the games go out of their way to tease them with interactables and NPCs who directly tell you where to get them.

>They're literally mentioned more times than Team Rocket in those games, as well as more often than every other region's Legendaries.
Bullshit. In Silver, Lugia was mentioned maybe 3 times, one of which was as a mysterious shadow in a storm. Meanwhile, in Gen 5, the legendary dragons were talked about nearly non-stop after Team Plasma attacked the museum. And in Gen 7, you meet Tapu Koko in the beginning of the game and are immediately told all about it.

It's what shitty mobile games do so they'll keep doing it

I'm fine with legendaries. Each new area having their own legends makes perfect sense to me. The only problem is that legendaries aren't limited to thise regions anymore. Recently they just throw all the previous mascots are you and while it was cool when you went to parallel worlds in usum, it doesn't make sense for them to show up so frequently

Mythicals suck though, I'll give you that. I do like when they actually implement them into the game though, like Keldeo in Crown tundra or deoxys in delta chapter

>Maybe 3 times
Despite that just objectively not being correct, you realize Lugia's not the only fucking Legendary in gen 2, right? All 5 get talked about multiple times, either individually or in reference to their groups. By the time you get the bell there'll have been over a dozen instances where a Legendary's been mentioned. The later games are centered around the Legendaries for the plot resolution, but most of the time they're not actually being mentioned, even Unova talks around the dragons instead of addressing them directly, the heroes and myth get mentioned more than the dragons do until the climax of the game.

>see kubfu and urshifu
>think they're pretty cool as new mons
>discover both are legendaries
fucking turn off.

Mythics stopped being interesting gen 5 onward, and gen 4 was pushing it.

Those have more Legendary lore than the original bird trio, user...