What are some stupid moments you’ve had while playing Pokémon as a kid? ex. Not knowing how to leave your house...

What are some stupid moments you’ve had while playing Pokémon as a kid? ex. Not knowing how to leave your house, thinking grass patterns may be guiding you etc etc

Go into depth please!

Attached: 9EB07789-3830-4F6F-98C3-E712FDE2D495.jpg (512x512, 15.17K)

I couldn't figure out how to leave the first town in silver.

Pretty much never desu I was one of the OG speedrunners (ie. keen intuition for the game). Did get lost in victory road once. And couldn't do the icepath puzzle but eventually got it.

I was playing Red, couldn't get my Caterpie out of the day care because I didn't have the money and cried about it

My friend convinced me that shiny Pokemon lose their shininess after evolving and I believed this until Gen 4

back in gen 1 i thought graveler evolved into onix and trained 4 of them up to level 100

Because of the Pokemon anime and Pikachu never evolving in it, I thought using stones to forcibly evolve Pokemon was in some way robbing them of their identity and betraying them, and I strongly believed this because I accidentally used a moonstone on a Jigglypuff because I remember thinking "This sorta looks like one of those Clefairies, I bet it's a similar species." and after I evolved it, it didn't learn any moves. I felt horrible, like I'd in some way wasted this Jigglypuff's potential, so I used a bunch of TMs on it, primarily Mega Punch is the one I remember, but at least one ground move also. The entire game I used every rare candy and stat boosting item on it. I basically spoiled it to overcompensate. I named it "Mallow" as a pun on that phonetically meaning "bad" in Spanish and it looking like a marshmallow.

I also thought using rare candies to level up in someway decreased stat growth and that if it leveled while sick with a status effect or a lowered stat -like if say tail whip was used on it- this also decreased stat growth.

Attached: stat-wigglytuff-2x.jpg (896x896, 80.89K)

>Go into depth please!
cool free youtube content mining thread

>I also thought using rare candies to level up in someway decreased stat growth
Same here
Guess I must've read somewhere that using rare candies leveled up your pokemon but didn't give them the full Stat boosts like an organic level up would so I never used them for the longest time, like up until swsh DLC, and even then I used the exp candies to get them close to a level up and would still grind. Kind of embarrassing now

I though gen 5 was good

>I also thought using rare candies to level up in someway decreased stat growth
damn im retarded i thought this was real just until now

Attached: 5homsg.png (1125x1024, 822.23K)

Pronounced psychic as "physic" type and had to force myself out of the habit

I thought stone evolution Pokemon were weaker when evolved ASAP compared to building a few levels.

I was writing all the Pokedex names in a notebook and then my gameboy batteries (the brick one, that took 4 AA ones) exploded.

never being able to figure out how to get the legendary

Attached: 5e1904b1fcac5b9bd85cde4cfd98c201.png (715x608, 75.95K)

didn't know how to get past sudowoodo after beating whitney because i was a retard that blazed past everything and never bothered to visit the florist next door

It is kind of true in Gen 1/2, you can max out every EV so if you went straight to 100 with rare candies you would be much weaker than a mon leveled by fighting.

they were back then, because they stopped learning level-up moves

Meant stat wise

I thought stat decreases were permanent

Not the most stupid, but in Gen 1, I thought the Attack stat was for every move that wasn't your Pokemon's type and Special was for moves of your Pokemon's type.

I also thought Gust was a Flying Type move because why wouldn't it be, ya know?

I remember thinking the same and I spent probably an hour using stat boosting moves and in battle items trying to raise stats. Didn't work, so I thought maybe the Pokemon had to level up for the effects to be permanent.
Oh well, at least I figured it out.

I chose Chikorita solely because I couldn't figure out how to look at the other starters. It saddens me because I know I would've loved Totodile. The really embarrassing part was that it was Soul Silver, not the originals.