Things you're glad aren't in the games anymore

things you're glad aren't in the games anymore

>hidden power
>pursuit
>low HP dinging for the entire fucking battle

Attached: 1629788633571.jpg (837x498, 80.21K)

>hidden power
>pursuit
these were good
I miss them

>single use TMs
>HMs for overworld travel
>red HP noises

>pokemon

gym leaders/elite four with multiple of the same pokemon

Triple Battles and Rotation.
They meant less pokemon added

single use TMs suck, especially in nuzlockes
pokeride is great, love that integration in S/M moreso than calling a random bidoof in BDSP

is that an actual tradeoff?

>hidden power
t. ferrothorn fan

i just don't like the idea of any pokemon magically getting perfect coverage on whatever you want

from a competitive standpoint, removing pursuit is full-retard. But I don't really care about that since I haven't bothered with competitive since Gen 5.

In-game it doesn't really matter though since they haven't improved the braindead AI after 20 years, and the AI still never bothers switching out.

i think its fine because you can only pick one and it's very weak

>>hidden power
>>pursuit
I know this is bait but I wanna know if there's any possible argument that removing these is a good thing

Yes, something added means less of something else

who says the team working on battle modes is the same as the design team making mons?

i don't see sky battles (which sucked) taking budget away from adding tyrunt and amaura

user, gen 5 introduced the most pokemon in the series, in addition to those two formats

It removed tons

The issue is that special attackers need it for coverage. Think about your typical physical attacker and how every single one under the sun gets access to stuff like earthquake, rock slide, maybe elemental punches, etc. Basically the only physical attackers with shit movepools are quadrupedal physical fire/electric types like flareon and zebstrika. Meanwhile special attackers, without hidden power, are usually lucky to get ANYTHING non-stab for coverage at all.

No it didn't? You could still transfer anything to gen 5?

It clearly did. Never-ending the systems can't handle it after ds

Caves
What a fucking dogshit concept I don't get why they were a thing for so long.

Pretty sure the Pursuit point is just bait. As for HP it looks like bad design on paper but in practice it wasn't really common because HP is deadweight if you don't run into whatever is 4x weak to it. And that's especially a problem for VGC where moveslots are so heavily contested because everything has to run a doubles-centric move or two.
Now the Smogon metas are a different story but usually the people trolling over HP usually shit on Smogon, so.

Completely untrue, they were added in Generation 5, which introduced the most pokemon out of any other generation.

Trash opinion.

Retard they're continuing existence is drain on dev

>hidden power
>pursuit
Remember these moves are just a result of Moveit and could be back for SV while Brine may be gone etc.
ALSO
Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Hidden Power is usable and functions as it did in previous generations.