ITT:

ITT:
SOUL vs SOULLESS: Pokemon Edition

Attached: pika.png (2000x312, 112.09K)

Attached: 1656796150518.jpg (1125x1419, 1.28M)

History of body shaming

absolutely disgusting. when did Meowth get that giant upper lip like a Matt Groening character

>between Gen 1/2/3 and 4/5
DIS
GUS
TING

ITT: LYING

Attached: Pika.png (2020x331, 330.76K)

woah! it's fucking nothing!
you can go back Joe, but it's fine not knowing what rendering is

I don’t even think this is real
There’s a bunch of people that make convincing fakes like this
Maybe if I watched Journeys I would know

>Upscaled gen 7 pikachu
Retard

It's already perfectly 3d model with all the animations. The only thing that needs to change is lighting and rendering.

>he really thought he was making a point

Attached: pokemon-laughing.gif (498x372, 496.64K)

>It's already perfectly 3d model with all the animations.
>three animations per mon
>animations do not correspond to the attacks in 95% of cases

Wooooow look at how different they are!!

It's three attack animations more than previous games. The biggest crime is not using ALL the animations they have like everything from Amie/Camp.

What do you want? Differen poses? Already there, this is only the basic one.

I want SPRITES BACK NEGRO

Attached: smack.jpg (320x180, 9.76K)

This is the most embarrassing post I've ever seen.

Ok? It's a charming style, but it won't come back.

Then it will continue to be soulless.

Upgraded rendering is not free, you dumbasses, and *most* Pokemon designs have zero value to ultra-detailed meshes. The fuck is giving Pikachu a higher polycount doing? There's hardly any texture to map, and it's the same creature.

Polygons modeling facial features are about it, and guess what SV seems to be doing? Even if it's "just normal mapping", for one that's still a significant amount of per-Pokemon work so it's not like they're doing *jack shit*, and for another *that's what the graphics whore AAA devs use anyways!*

You think the wrinkles of old fucks are done by the model? No, these extremely specific details of depth are *nearly always* handled by normal mapping or some other non-mesh technique, because it's a horrible waste of polygons.

To further rub in the point, *this* is what such mapping techniques can do to a motherfucker. If I understand correctly, A is the map, B is an isosurface technique like displacement mapping, C is the original model, and D is using the map just for lighting trickery as with normal mapping.

It is not "fake" quality to use mapping techniques instead of ludicrous polygon counts. Isosurfaces change the actual rendered geometry, and "mere" normal mapping still drastically improves the fine details even if it isn't pixel-perfect to the real deal.

Unless you can highlight the exact polygon boundaries of the curve, the mesh is not bad enough to justify serious upgrades. Using a "cartoonish" artstyle that naturally obscures it is not a problem when that artstyle is definitive to the franchise as a whole.

Attached: Normal_Map_Example.png (637x600, 153.55K)

Your point? Because they are NOT changing the models, just lighting and rendering which is one thing done for all. The only thing SV seem to be doing is adding depth to mouths and eyes.

I miss fat pikachu