Soul

I know the game lacks content. It's frustrating. A third version close to the quality of Emerald/Platinum could have really been special. As it is, I think XY are flawed but great. Mega Evolution, fantastic music, some beautiful towns, the success of Greninja (hate it or love it), a great anime adaptation. I really think they tried on this region and I feel a soul to it.

Hopefully the remakes essentially serve as everything a proper Pokemon Z should have been.

Attached: Screen Shot 2022-07-02 at 10.37.37 PM.png (350x209, 170.21K)

>great anime adaption
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Let me rest a bit...
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Regardless of quality of the story, X and Y are the prettiest games along with Crystal and Legends. That along with the qol improvements and the best online experience Pokémon has ever had, make these games a solid 8/10 for me.
Amazing replay value is also a big plus.

Forgot to add I don't give a shit about the anime since I'm not a manchild.

>I know the game lacks content
except it doesn't

>A third version close to the quality of Emerald/Platinum
base XY is already easily better than Platinum what the fuck are you talking about?

I never understood why it's so popular to hate on X/Y. I'm guessing because of the collective, contrarian "everything new sucks" mindset.
PSS was probably the best online interface we ever got in a pokemon game. Wonder trade was fun. And until pokebank arrived, it was incredibley difficult to hack the game, so everything was fresh. Lumiose was the first fully 3D city. You could pass other people who own the game and get street pass points to buy in-game items off of pokemon-gl website. It has potentially the most extensive character customization of any pokemon game. It was the first game to introduce omnidirectional movement and the first time riding a bike actually felt good. It was the first game that let you natively check pokemon IVs.
I could keep going on and on about this game but I don't get how anyone could say it's the worst

>because of the collective, contrarian "everything new sucks" mindset
Wrong. XY-hating starts becoming apparent long after the games was released. For me, many people hate it because XY didn't reach their full potential.

>I never understood why it's so popular to hate on X/Y
retards with inconsistent standards parroting the reddit groupthink.

>xy is bad because it's too easy and has a shit story and references kanto a lot but I simultaneously think platinum which is also too easy and has a shit story and references kanto a lot except in a way that makes the game cancerous to play while also having worse online, worse breeding, worse animations, worse pokemon distribution, fewer puzzles, and no trainer customization is the peak of the series because....it just is

>people hate XY because they weren't tricked into buying the same game twice
ftfy

>>xy is bad
Correct. Why do you think they hit the eject button on Faglos and went on to Alola as quickly as they could? Even Gamefreak hates XY. ONE GAME!

Attached: 1652229059058.jpg (569x858, 143.96K)

>I never understood why it's so popular to hate on X/Y. I'm guessing because of the collective, contrarian "everything new sucks" mindset.
That half your positives are pretty much just for multiplayer says it all, really. All Pokemon games suffer without multiplayer, but some definitely more than others. This is coming from a guy who has a big soft spot for XY for that very reason.

XY is one of my favorites. I love Megas as a concept, although it took until SM for them to be implemented right. I think Kalos is the most beautiful game. Beauty radiates from the whole region. Soundtrack is gorgeous. I think its great, and the anime was too.

>I'm not a manchild.
>is posting on Any Forums

I have a theory that XY were meant to have a 3rd version or a sequel. RS, DP, BW and XY were all directed by Masuda and they all needed a third version to make them feel "complete".

I feel like there are trace amounts of soul in nearly every gen, except for 8. 5 tried a new story and was clearly Masuda’s baby, 6 tried to push the introduction to 3D (again, love it or hate it) in a lot of novel directions, and 7 tried to shake up the gym challenge. 8 is a win for QoL but feels halfhearted compared to the other divisive entries.

I really enjoyed the post game but I think very few have played it

Attached: Essentia.jpg (640x418, 62.63K)

>potentially the most extensive character customization of any pokemon game
Just looking at the female clothing options:
XY - over 200
USUM - 533
SwSh - 620
LA - over 700

XYfags are delusional, user. This is a very well known fact

It hit in the feels

Upon release, aside from some kino multiplayer moments in college, I was pretty lukewarm about it.

Played through it again last year with no Exp Share on, and I had a pretty good time. You're right OP, the game has a lot of flaws, more than most games, but there is still some "SOULLLL" left in there.

This. Galar's base game was the first to be truly devoid of that special spark for me. Even Gen 7 had a bit left, I feel.

>XY good
I can't believe we've already reached this point of the nostalgia circle

>XY
>new
lol it's from a decade ago