Supposedly to be based on Sword/Shield

>Supposedly to be based on Sword/Shield
>Barely traveling to Galar or meeting characters from Galar
>Barely meeting Galar region Pokemon
>Focusing more to Satoshi and Goh, barely showing any episodes focusing at Koharu
What were they thinking!

I still enjoy Pokemon Journeys but it was a huge downgrade comparing to Pokemon Sun/Moon anime. At least it still has great animation at battles and kickass openings. Also the episodes where they meet characters from previous seasons were nice nostalgia touch. And the episodes about Lilly's father were from the best Pokemon anime episodes.

Attached: pokemon-journeys-the-series-part-5-coming-to-netflix-in-june-2021.jpg (900x507, 65.89K)

>Supposedly to be based on Sword/Shield
No? The title of the anime is just "Pocket Monsters" and not a title referring to the new gen games like previous seasons for a reason.

Journeys isn't about galar. But I still wish they took the time to show off the region's characters and pokemon a bit more.
Like, half of the galar characters are probably never gonna show up and most of the pokemon only get cameos...

It's still ultimately about Ash battling Leon

Good point. Still a shitty move.

Gen 8 sucks, plus the current setup of the anime lets them drop Galar as soon as soon as the tourney is over anyway.

Journeys was supposed to reflect both the Gen 8 games, PoGo and Master's, since Pokemon is no longer focused solely around the mainline games.
Also Galar is a bland, souless region while the writers were free to pick and choose the best elements from Pokemon's 20 years of history along with all the games and spinoff media.
In theory, it was a good idea that was partially ruined by covid and mostly ruined by incompetence and some bad ideas from the start (like Go and Koharu).

Go wasn't inherently a bad idea, a trainer that focuses on catching while Ash does battles. It was just executed extremely badly.

The anime doesn't give a fuck about the games anymore and only loosely pull stuff from them now.

Pokemon Go isn't Gen 8 it doesn't even have Gen 8 mons yet, it's all the regions.

Right. I forgot that Journeys is mostly about pushing Pokemon GO (therefore having a side protagonist named Goh and catching Pokemon without battling them, just like Pokemon GO).

If anything it cares more about the games now than it did before, since it tries to being all characters inline with their game counterpart (like Iris) where before they just did whatever they wanted.

I've been enjoying the new style of the anime, hope they keep it honestly.

>Go wasn't inherently a bad idea, a trainer that focuses on catching while Ash does battles.
Yes he was, because the anime has consistently emphasized the point that Pokemon are sentient animals and not unintelligent insects you can catch in the wild and use in cockfights. Go's very existence is dissonant to the anime's narrative that found its way into the mainline games.
Add that to Go just being a shallow, easily butthurt and lacking initiative and he's an easily dislikable character. This is because he's written by 50 somethings trying to represent a zoomer, not realizing that zoomers are fucking awful in their personal lives and are not entertaining to watch outside of performance and skits.

It cares about PoGo and Masters because those are services that you have to keep dumping money into.
It couldn't care less about Galar and Gen 8, and neither does Any Forums

>focusing to
>focusing at
dumb ESL

Previous anime were also written by middle age men, including the first seasons (till the third movie).

>Yes he was, because the anime has consistently emphasized the point that Pokemon are sentient animals and not unintelligent insects you can catch in the wild and use in cockfights. Go's very existence is dissonant to the anime's narrative that found its way into the mainline games.
Ash and Go have basically the same amount of total Pokemon, I'm not sure how you can criticize one and not the other. Hell at least Go actively cares for all his Pokemon himself instead of dumping them with someone else to do it for him.

I used to defend Pokemon GO. Now I hate it with all my heart and now I have one reason to hate it.

Pokemon GO literally revitalized the franchise in pop culture, it doesn't matter if GO isn't Gen 8, it's objectively more relevant than Gen 8 in 2022.

>I'm not sure how you can criticize one and not the other.
One catches Pokemon and immediately banks them because he needs to check off a box in his Pokedex
The other catches a mon and trains it to compete in the regional Pokemon League over the course of a season
Yes, they're both exactly the same, you anti-Ashfags are some of the biggest retards in this shit community