Which gym leader gave you the most trouble as a kid?

Which gym leader gave you the most trouble as a kid?
>Inb4 none because I wasn't a retard
I deposit 1 internet point into your bank account, you may now leave the thread.
Anyway, for me it was probably Norman. I must've not known the move protect existed or something because I distinctly recall trying to brute force him with my Grovyle but his Slackings just hit too fucking hard and were too damn bulky. Eventually I beat him after training up a full team of Arons to the mid 20s

Attached: Big think.png (900x978, 167.39K)

grant in XY. He kept killing my braixen and vivillon and bulbasaur and I didn't beat him until I traded for the steelix.

The normal gym with the Miltank.

Only had problems with Clair IIRC

Room temperature IQ Johto/Unova trannies strike again.

>Vivillion
Its ok Viola, we know it sucks that you lost to Grant in the battle chateau but atleast he saved you during the team flare attack, he is your boyfriend after all

Attached: Grant and Viola.jpg (1280x720, 62.02K)

Unironically, Whitney.

I hated using pokemon with trade evolutions because I had no friends that played pokemon to evolve them... so Machop and Geodude weren't on my team.

Also, I chose Chikorita on my first run. It wasn't easy!

Admitting Clair is a problem is also admitting that the level curve is a real thing.

No one even mentioned Unova yet lol

Is "muh leggels" too high or too low?
Antijohtoniggers can never decide?

It would be that Clair's level is too high. You don't get enough xp from gyms 5-7 and the Radio Tower to match Clair's Kingdra with a full party.

Didn't really have any problems until Agatha, because I mostly relied on an overleveled Pidgeot and that wasn't working out with her. Everything else is easy. It's easier as a kid than as an adult because back then I just leveled up and moved forward, but now I do all this planning for the fun of it, and that takes more effort than any game ever did.

clair and winona

>moments away from calling out underage
>realize x and y came out almost 10 years ago
Fuck

It was Morty. I lost to him twice because I was underleveled. Then I figured out I could cheese him by bringing a Normal type. Beat him with Togepi spamming Metronome.

Whitney

The only Pokémon games I played as a kid were the first three gens and I don’t remember having problems with any of them.

The bug gym leader in white, I picked oshawott and refused to evolve it, then I was stupid and picked sandile to help out because I couldn't beat him alone with oshawott. I only beat him with retaliate after one of them fainted. I wasn't quite a kid, I was a teen, but still. I purposefully don't overlevel myself when I play. In shiny gold version, I don't remember my party but it was down to haunter? I think and my eevee, they had to duke it out with struggle. Also, Leon was very difficult for me and I had to teach specific moves and use very specific strategies and have the right luck and timing to beat, but my team wasn't so good at all. The fairy gym leader was also very difficult for me in sword, because a lot of my pokemon were weak to fairy. Also, in sword I avoided basically every trainer battle so my pokemon were at the gym leader's levels or slightly below, though for Leon they meet his levels or were slightly above when I beat him(but that's only because I was underleveled slightly when I first went into battle with him)

>I purposely don't overlevel
>but I was trying to play with only an oshawot and nothing else
>also I caught a ground type to help with the bug gym
I couldn't even read past here, you're living in another dimension.

Sabrina, probably. She's the only gym leader I remember really being frustrated with.

Attached: SabrinaPizza.jpg (2048x1600, 469.17K)

/this