2D and its consequences have been a disaster for the Pokemon series

2D and its consequences have been a disaster for the Pokemon series.

Attached: 1631816885816.png (1356x580, 102.7K)

Uh-huh... Now show how varied and different Slakoth and Anorith are between XY, ORAS, SM, USUM, SWSH and BDSP for the games they do appear in.

IMAGINE being so salty about a topic that you make a counter thread that gets completely ignored

Attached: garchompsprites.png (204x461, 10.71K)

Now show how varied and different Garchomp is between XY, ORAS, SM, USUM, SWSH, BDSP and PLA.

Attached: 1621370690162.png (415x673, 31.71K)

Attached: 1621370690162a.png (415x950, 36.37K)

>left
SOVL
>right
soulless

but that would look terrible on the DS screen

For some reason the HD sprites look incredibly stiff

I feel the same
I think its because we associate left with the animated sprites of gen 5

no it wouldn't

Attached: 1641651547526.png (555x319, 79.28K)

GF cocksuckers are really something

Attached: sprites.png (1226x1572, 162.99K)

Some people haven't actually played a DS game on real hardware in a very long time, huh?

that would look like a shimmering mess on a real DS screen with its low resolution and the sprite constantly doing scaling/rotation effects during the battle sequence. There's a reason they used it like they did.

>ds resolution is 256 × 192 pixels
Yeah it would.

It also has a terrible dot pitch

Why do pokemon fans expect Game Freak to reinvent the wheel every generation?

I think the main issue with higher-res back sprites would be the distortion in situations where the camera is zoomed out enough during certain attacks, or how Pokemon flip around on both the stat screen and during musicals - because then you'd have the opposite problem.

left looks so much better, not everything has to be anime, stupid weeb

you're a retard
>>ds resolution is 256 × 192 pixels
That's literally the resolution of the images in that picture you dumbfuck.

>I think the main issue with higher-res back sprites would be the distortion in situations where the camera is zoomed out
It ALREADY distorts the enemy Pokemon when the camera zooms out so what's the issue exactly?

Is this bait or is nu-Any Forums really this stupid?

>50851126
I like how you ignored the point about the DS dot pitch because that'd require you to look up what that means and that's just too much effort to troll Any Forums