The move hail now causes the pokemon using its speed and attack to be raised by 1

>The move hail now causes the pokemon using its speed and attack to be raised by 1
How does this effect the meta

Attached: Hail_VIII.png (853x441, 413.73K)

>OP starts playing the game
How does this effect the meta

the meta is gay and not in the fuckable tight butthole kind of way

Ice is overpowered enough as it is, stop this dumb meme.

no change

Post elo already.

That bonus should only be for Ice-types

kys

>weak to CHARIZARD
>overpowered
Pick one retard

That's what I mean like. This also won't effect pokemon with snow warning. There's just got to be a reason to use the move hail. And not have it be tied to an ability.

Hail is replaced by the snow weather ability and instead becomes an Ice type Fire Spin

Weavile would be banned immediately

weavile would never use the move hail
it could get one shot

IMO it's too late to even bother trying to figure out a way to make hail worthwhile. Ever since weather abilities got limited to 5-8 turns instead of being permanent, there's not much point. And anything you do to take advantage of Gen 6+ weather needs to be hyper-offense in order to take advantage of the limited turns you have left.
Having said that, assuming we're still talking about Gens 4-5 hail, it should've either given a massive Def/SpD buff to ice types, or changed ice types on the field and added a whole bunch of extra resistances that they don't normally have outside of hail. And there should've been more abilities introduced in those gens for things like speed boost in hail, that weren't added until it was too late.

Then it would just end up being used by everything that can learn is as a dragon dance but it wouldn't "fix"hail as a whole.

Hail is actually pretty strong right now, probably the best weather after rain. And all it took was a broken move and slush rush for everyone.

On a more serious note, I don’t think active weather is making a comeback anytime soon. Not while free weather abilities are on decent mons. And if it takes a free dragon dance, I don’t want it back.

I’d rather see it do damage at like 60BP or something. Maybe even less.

>like dragon dance but it hurts your allies
Uh... cool I guess?

t. aurorus hater

I'm still disappointed at how much GF screwed over weather.
They could've kept it permanent but had the speed abilities only boost speed 1.5x.
It would've been perfectly fine and made weather still be fun without being so dominant that "weatherless" is a necessary classification.

>Ice-types get +1 speed in hail
Snow Warning gets banned from OU, or basically every Ice-type does as well.
At the very least, Mamoswine, Ninetales-Alola, Arctozolt get banned. Possibly Aurorus as well as specs blizzard destroys most things that don't resist it.
Basically the only Snow Warning mon too slow to make good use is Abomasnow.

Weather effect was a mistake