Regirock able to do some work in lower tiers as a solid defensive rock type

>Regirock able to do some work in lower tiers as a solid defensive rock type.
>Registeel as usually doing supportive stealth rock stuff and now has a beyond evil demon set with Body Press & Iron Defence + Amensia
>Regidrago a powerhouse lower tier which is basically everything Guzzlord should of been
>Regieleki a top tier support and electric type able to slam Toxapex
>Even Regigigas had some great VGC sets after its smoked enough Weezing bong smoke to ignore its ability.

>Regice got nothing and is stuck in Untiered.

What went wrong? He went from being a legit threat in ADV OU to being a utter fucking joke.

Attached: c3d48ac04c9dce6f68c4c3cd513c2bbd529b020673738cc9e976eeaa11fb987d_1.jpg (320x353, 20.25K)

>slow defensive ice type
never had a chance

shame I had a ton of fun with Z-gravity in gen 7 raising its spatk and and accuracy of all moves so it could spam 100% accurate blizzards and focus blasts and even a zap cannon and it pulled it's weight even in RU

Attached: sad.png (500x531, 270.14K)

Regice and really all of the Regis probably would've been great with reliable recovery.
Even Regigigas wouldn't be good, but would at least be workable if it had more tools to stall out those 5 turns.

fpbp

Someone post the webm of Regice running at you.

Attached: regigigas angry.jpg (1200x675, 101.94K)

Fuck, even Regirock makes it work with Drain Punch.
Regice really just needs recover.

Attached: regice.gif (750x563, 960.92K)

>What went wrong?
better special walls that actually have resistances

I've had good success with Regice when I use it, it's honestly not too bad. It's just that what it does best works in a specific way and it's both prone to being worn down by hazards and getting walled by Chansey/Blissey who basically invalidate it's existence.

It's a tank without recovery.

Ice genuinely is a bad typing for slow Pokémon to have.

But someone's just going to reply with Ice Rider Calyrex anyway so there's no point in this post but even Glastrier and Calyrex would be better off with a different typing.

>Even Regigigas had some great VGC sets after its smoked enough Weezing bong smoke to ignore its ability.
Anyone got Regigias as Bane?

Attached: Regigigas beats up everyone.jpg (1080x511, 358.49K)

>was the strongest Regi in the 3rd gen
icebros how could this happen?

Attached: 1473866780418.jpg (519x406, 53.22K)

Funnily enough I miss Z-status moves way more than any of the attacking moves, just because you could pull off some pretty wack setup turns.

Stealth Rock. Stealth Rock is what went wrong.
Powercreep has been pretty severe in general, but Regice didn't get slowly pushed out by better special walls with better typings.
It went down the shitter in one generation when Stealth Rock was introduced.

For what it's worth, Regice can run Rock Polish + Weakness Policy for a sweeper set that's kind of asinine. Like a zero-sugar Calyrex-Ice.

>regi-steel
>regi-rock
>reg-ice

WTF???

Looking at it in black and white makes it look like Danny Divito in a wrestling suit.

Attached: DHeEwkMblxgseRO-1600x900-noPad.jpg (1200x675, 93.65K)

And Weakness Policy is actually good in singles because Regice is weak to fucking everything.

It reminds me of Diamondhead from Ben 10.