What the fuck is this? They turned the city into a shopping mall

What the fuck is this? They turned the city into a shopping mall

Attached: Mauville_City.png (819x550, 640.96K)

they needed a place to easily copy/paste all the XY stuff

Please understand, a system as powerful as the Gamecube can't handle seamless overworld transitions that a SNES-tier system could, so they needed an excuse to make the four-way crossroad city fade to black.

I think even xy didn't have as many fades to black in routes and small towns
It might be because they are smaller

nu-mauville was second to lumiose in terms of cities being unfun for me to navigate

ive never seen a stupider post on here and that really is saying something

>this is a city according to RSEfags
This is absolutely something ORAS improved.

Attached: Mauville_City.png (640x320, 11.09K)

>city
It was like 3 buildings and a bike shop. They turned a handful of houses into a city with a play on words of it's name, and actualized the gym leader's dream.
You don't get to complain about a straight up improvement. You can't even get lost in it.

>Waaaah ORAS is a literal DOWNGRADE
>They included more stuff which is BAD!

I can navigate through it fine.

I wish more of the game was like this desu. Remake and re-imagine stuff instead of keeping the same exact geometry and design.

Attached: Mossdeep Space Station.png (825x293, 388.06K)

I'm honestly surprised gamefreak did as much as they did. It surpassed my (grimly low) expectations.

I mean yeah? It was what New Mauville was supposed to be, which is why it got abandoned

it was completely fine imo
though I wish it had less loading time, I guess?

It’s a straight upgrade. Unfortunately, New Mauville had to die for it. It could have been a kino abandoned underground city and instead it’s literally a room.

Yeah pretty shitty that new mauville was gutted.

>make a place called New Maville
>upgrade the old one instead
What was the point?

My problem with it is that it looks and feels so out of place compared to the rest of the region.

Bump

>why yes I have two digit IQ, how could you tell?

Mauville is based on Kumamoto, which looks pretty different from how it did 10-20 years ago. Lots of new projects and lots of wonky architecture, apparently.