/vpwt/ - Pokemon Fanfiction And Writethread

Uppercut Edition
>post fanfics you like
>share your own fics, ask for advice, post story updates
>discuss writerly struggles with fellow writefriends

Join us on Discord to discuss your fics, hang out and chat: discord.gg/jyFJuT8

Previous Thread:
Check out the catalog for a directory of fics from fellow writefags: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1PtN4D_9CSw8JJ9uO6v0oQqdtKEkS8aFAvfxqI96XfSE

>Can I post NSFW fics?
There are no rules against NSFW text links.

>How should I post my fics?
If it's short enough to fit into a couple of posts, posting to the thread is fine. If you want to share longer works, or if you want more permanent storage, you can link to a host fanfiction.net, AO3, Pastebin or Google Docs.

>I'm not a writer but I want to contribute
>Can I request something?
You're encouraged to post prompts, i.e. short snippets or greentext sequences describing your ideas. You can also expand on prompts posted by others. If writing an entire story from start to finish feels too daunting, this is a way to get started.

>I have this idea about [event/technology/...]
Feel free to post your thoughts about about how specific parts of the Pokémon world function as well. Worldbuilding is always welcome.

>Can I add a fic I wrote to the catalog?
Check the catalog for the submission link. Fill out the form with all the necessary information and it will be submitted for review automatically.

We're also looking to collect ideas for fanfics as a resource for stumped writers. Feel free to throw an idea out there; someone may choose to use it themselves!
Ideabin: docs.google.com/document/d/1X072SSWulcC6RJRrPA6v9XtyohRybvMBl6Fh49wHsRw

TOTT: How do you generate your own canon? Do you adhere strictly to one iteration of Pokemon or do you take bits and pieces of what you like?

Attached: d4269ca37bae7067b7c77caee72aec30.png (1000x1414, 1.86M)

Other urls found in this thread:

archiveofourown.org/works/35292271/chapters/87956125
archiveofourown.org/works/34482259/chapters/99481371
archiveofourown.org/works/34482259/chapters/99990426
archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/99993666
docs.google.com/document/d/1N9tvIxIWK-LigL8o-2mRcr3OCPRzU8L6NBcTqJ20-WA/edit?usp=drivesdk
docs.google.com/document/d/1rsD-x0T4r0suIFeP3Je1cmq7cV-6N63pv1cKUVY6OIw/edit
deviantart.com/dyxo/art/Founding-the-Kalos-Elite-Five-920456543
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Last time on /vpwt/'s tenuous existence:
Updated fics:
>Hikari's Origins,
archiveofourown.org/works/35292271/chapters/87956125
>Unwilling Empress, chapter 13, 14
archiveofourown.org/works/34482259/chapters/99481371
archiveofourown.org/works/34482259/chapters/99990426
>The Dark Type, chapter 38
archiveofourown.org/works/9113758/chapters/99993666

Fresh food:
>A girl, her doll, and the forest
docs.google.com/document/d/1N9tvIxIWK-LigL8o-2mRcr3OCPRzU8L6NBcTqJ20-WA/edit?usp=drivesdk
>Steamy Misadventures in Ancient Hisui (NSFW)
docs.google.com/document/d/1rsD-x0T4r0suIFeP3Je1cmq7cV-6N63pv1cKUVY6OIw/edit

Reply if I missed anything. Sorry in advance.

Attached: Black_White_Shauntal.png (516x1080, 305.31K)

Reposting the Kalos fic since OP missed it.
deviantart.com/dyxo/art/Founding-the-Kalos-Elite-Five-920456543

TOTT: I primarily try and base as much as possible off of the third version of any given game, barring when there isn't one (such as for the spin offs), while using the anime as a guide for how to fill in the blanks. Though I try not to just use anime interpretations of anything, as it feels to me like a lot of the anime's world building is made with Ash in mind. Especially with anything Alola.

>TOTT:
In my case of PMD, I like to strictly make my own canon but also take parts from the games for my own story. Take Entercards from GTI for example. In my story, I use them but they're a lot more different and more detailed than the ones used in gates, serving a more different purpose but retaining a similar identity.

I also use ley lines as well, which are briefly mentioned in GTI. They also have a different usage in my story (pic related: future event in my story where a Yveltal gets snagged and controlled by some gnarly spaghetti boys known as ley lines)

Attached: TP_YVELTAL.png (1920x1080, 1.83M)

Have you posted anything in your canon yet?

As in do I have a story posted? Yes, and you can find it by searching ‘The Phantasmagoria’ on either FFN or AO3.

Fair bit of warning, it’s an epic and a long story, which I know isn’t desirable to most here, so keep that in mind.

>pmd
>the pokemon have guns

Attached: wack.png (600x449, 288.66K)

To be fair, it's not modern weaponry at all, just hybrids of muskets and bolt-actions. Spices up some of the combat in the story in my opinion, along with the addition of other battle items like seeds and Wonder Orbs

idk you could just use powers in interesting ways
they're pokemon it's not like they're devoid of engaging ways to fight one another, some of them can shoot beams of energy out of their eyes and others are literally psychic

a musket goes "phut" and everyone at the range claps it even went off

I use all things in battle equally. I would never write a fight between Pokemon that's just a hail of bullets forever. But in both unison with regular Pokemon moves and rifles, I find them a lot more interesting together. Not everyone's cup of tea, but I like their addition in battles... and for lore reasons.

the effects of humans on pokemon and its consequences has been a disaster for pmd

I've never written a complete story before. I have plenty of ideas for original works but I've never really put in the effort to actually make and finish one (these were mostly with gamedev in mind, mind you).
Would trying my hand at fanfiction be a good way to stretch the muscles of character writing and storytelling?
How should I even begin? The only thing with this series I could think to do is try and develop a character that never really got to be anything, like a gym leader or elite four member.

Attached: file.png (1200x1080, 678.6K)

Start small.
Contrary to what you may think, making a small, effect story is much harder than a large one. It could be as simple as giving that picture you posted context via a short story.

So pick a small idea, even if it's less a story and more just a drabble or scene, and write it out. (Practice, practice, practice)
Then start on something a bit larger and ease your way from writing one-shots/drabbles to writing short stories, novellas and then novels.

Note: As you're doing this, read (good literature, not fanfiction) and do so consistently. Ask for criticism - real criticism, and internalize it. Your ego is worthless, and any attempts to shield it from what you need to hear is another step away from actually getting good. You can develop a healthy ego later, for now all you need is an open mind, thick skin and critical thinking skills.
You are now learning how to write.

This
Starting on your big journey is a fairly surefire way to get burned. It's not just from lack of experience that you could meander yourself into plot structures that are too difficult to fix or scenes that don't make any narrative sense, but it really pays to develop the HABIT of writing first. Having to agonize about writing chapter after chapter in your seemingly endless corridor of a story is much more demoralizing than just throwing out a few one-shots and then maybe a short story if you feel like you could do it. These kinds of things you don't even necessarily need to finish, and they wouldn't feel so daunting if you came back to them later.

Gardefaggot's Beach Date (1/2)

A human walked along the beach at dusk with a Gardevoir he had been dating for a couple months. Just “a Gardevoir”, not “his Gardevoir”. He met her at work and quickly became enamored. He had always had a thing for her species.
Things were going well between them. When she spoke, he could usually understand her almost as clearly as if she was speaking human language. Not quite, but almost. And she was an older Gardevoir with well developed psychic abilities. When she concentrated really hard, she was able to telepathically transmit a short sentence worth of words into his mind. The two of them predicted they would be able to communicate unimpeded within another month or two.
The human walked by her side, just looking at her against the backdrop of the setting sun. Her skin-gown flowed in the wind. The spikes of her mask fluttered lightly. She looked so beautiful. Literally inhumanly beautiful. Like something not of this world. She…
She was staring at something intently. She started to veer towards it, moving closer to the shoreline. The human looked to see what had caught her interest. It was a Kingler arm. What was so interesting about a Kingler arm?
The Gardevoir picked it up. She turned it back and forth, opened and closed its claw, thoroughly inspecting it. The human grew more confused. What was she doing with it? She moved her hair to the side and put the claw up to her flat Gardevoir nose, sniffing at it.
No, she wouldn’t…would she?
She snapped the shell open, psychokinetically took out a chunk of the slimy, squishy meat, floated it up to her mouth…and ate it.
“OH! Gardevoir, that’s repulsive!”
The human couldn’t help but react in disgust. The Gardevoir just laughed at him, apparently amused by his delicate human sensibilities.

Attached: beach_walk_1.png (900x558, 558.61K)

Gardefaggot's Beach Date (2/2)

She held the claw out to him. “Gardev?”, She said, mockingly offering it to him. He of course turned it down, and she promptly resumed eating it...as if she really needed to wait for his response. Still in disbelief, the human asked her if the Kingler meat really did taste good. When she jokingly offered it to him, he could hardly even stand the smell. He heard a single word inserted into his brain, an emphatic “delicious”.
He continued walking with her, watching her. Watching her spot more things to eat. Thankfully, it was mostly seaweed, but she would occasionally find Pokemon bodyparts. At one point, she found an Omastar arm. It made her gasp, which was a rare kind of reaction from her. She was normally so composed. Once again, she offered him the food, but this time it wasn’t done mockingly.
“Gar de voir gar voir gard garde??”
“Are you sure you don’t want any”, she asked. He realized his disgust must have seemed as strange to her as her enjoyment seemed to him.
The more the human watched her eat beach stuff, the more desensitized he became. He thought about what beach walks must be like for her species. She didn’t just get to enjoy the sight of the ocean, the sound of the waves, and the feeling of the sand beneath her feet. She also got to enjoy the assortment of tasty snacks which had washed up on shore. It must have been wonderful for her.
It was weird. She had endeared herself to him by eating seaweed and Pokemon bodyparts she found laying around in the sand.
She sure was an interesting animal.

Attached: beach_walk_2.png (2894x4093, 3.2M)

Ye morning bump

>any team female grunt/male reader
0 results
>any team male grunt/male reader or female reader
65358 results, tags: trans reader, trans original character, emotional scarring, vore, death, drug use, abuse

Attached: BCE891D4-A652-479D-94E4-655F2C2E31C2.jpg (1198x995, 229.61K)

TOTT: i just tend to use game writing and pokedex stuff as a guideline unless it becomes confusing
like silvally isn't actually called silvally by aether but calling it type full doesnt make much sense

Attached: 1655676044326.jpg (1920x1920, 232.35K)

Considering Silvally is Type: Null without the helmet, you could go for just calling it Type: Null without calling it an evolution.