Kanto gym leaders use more johto pokemon than johto gym leaders

>kanto gym leaders use more johto pokemon than johto gym leaders
johtotrannies defend this

Attached: GSC Gyms.png (456x1041, 48.66K)

There is no such thing as "Kanto Pokémon" or "Johto Pokémon". They're just Pokémon.

Zoomers need to stop applying nu-Gen standards to the only games in the franchise to have done things differently instead of copy-pasting Gen 1's formula..

>8th gym leader
>only 4 pokemon
>5th has 2
What causes this?

>8 of the boss fights in the game use at least 1 new Pokemon; like it reflects the game's quality at all.
Zoomers will seethe over this

You get 16 gym leaders and you complain there's not enough new in the first half. Look at yourself and tell me, what do you want?

Yes.

>NOOOOOOOO WHY AREN'T THESE NEWLY DISCOVERED AND RARE POKEMON USED ALL THE TIME BY BOSSES?!?!?!?!?!
Because zoomer, they cared about worldbuilding once.

Yes. I like that they treated Johto more of an extension of Kanto. Also the Kanto mons they picked for the Johto gym leaders all fit them thematically.

So you agree BW2 is shit because none of the gym leaders use new Pokemon right OP? Your standards are consistent and you aren't an assblasted zoomer right?

Attached: vpgen2.png (1330x774, 396.18K)

I know this is bait, but BW2 have the excuse of being in the same gen

>it's allowed to be a lower effort game because it's labelled as a lower effort game!
wow

That's not what I said or meant

>it's allowed to be lower effort because it's a completely different type of game
Yes. Third versions (like BW2) are held to different standards than new gen pairs (like GS)

so you agree both GS and BW2 are shit? Or both GS and BW2 are good? Which is it?

>a full price game is held to different standards than a full price game
So your standards are inconsistent, good to know.

Fixed

Attached: GSCFix.png (2578x2906, 635.39K)

I believe they're both good, but BW2 are better. GSC have very real flaws

>GSC have very real flaws
such as.....

Level curve
Boring battles
Bad pace sometimes (like rocket arc)
Poor teams
Bad Pokémon distribution

They're excellent games and full of sovl tho

At least half the Pokedex sucks, the shitty level curve makes grinding a pain in the ass, and Johto itself is kinda meh

all of these are flaws in bw2

>Boring battles
>Bad pace sometimes (like rocket arc)
>Poor teams
NTA but these but these are problems with all Pokemon games to some extent

>Falkner
hoothoot instead of pidgey
>Morty
Misdreavus instead of one haunter
>Jasmine
One magneton instead of magnemite
>Pryce
Sneasel instead of seel

God no. Leveling is perfectly fine and the Pokedex in BW2 has dozens of solid picks

>LV 14 Noctowl
Should just be Murkrow or Togetic

too lazy to fix the pokemon i accidentally deleted from the pic but the text reflects all pokemon. the only non-johto pokemon any of the region's gym leaders use is whitney's clefairy. you could maybe make an argument for scyther not being native to the region depending on how you look at the bug catching contest but the point stands almost all the pokemon are native to johto

Attached: johto_gyms.jpg (959x884, 309.22K)

Wrong

BW2 boss battles have better teams and difficulty, specially in hard mode

BW2 Unova has one of the best wild mon distribution in the franchise

Plasma grunts are a bit more challenging than Rocket's (they use fucking rattatas and zubats at lvl 17 when you have 6 badges)

>Leveling is perfectly fine
lol
lmao

Attached: 1627670037843.jpg (2723x2070, 3.65M)

Low level Noctowls are a thing, you can find them using headbutt in trees

Not only is that disingenuous, there's no way that happens without heavy grinding, but that's still better than GSC. The shit levels in GSC are a nightmare, the grind in Kanto is one of the worst I've ever experienced

Noctowl is overpowered at that point in the game.
Yanma is a far weaker ace than Scyther.
Drop Mean Look and Confuse Ray on Misdreavus for Thunderbolt. Less filler moves so the AI isn't clogged with crap.
Drop Arbok for Nidoqueen.