Shabboneau Castle

Replaying X and was forced to visit this "castle" which doesn't seem to serve any purpose. Why even make an entire building with two floors just for the Pokeflute? It's like they wanted to include more lore in this location but just decided to scrap it and include it elsewhere. It feels like XY were designed as unfinished betas just like DP, which makes it all the more disappointing that we never recieved a Z version.

Attached: What's the point.png (800x960, 584.78K)

>THEY ACTUALLY FLESHED OUT A BUILDING FOR A MINOR PART OF THE GAME? INSTEAD OF JUST HAVING AN NPC HAND IT TO YOU? NOOOOOO IT MEAN IT WAS UNFINISHED!

XY detractors are such fucking schizos lmao

won't lie to you I forgot it existed

On the contrary, I think the whole point of the Castle being large but empty was to show how needlessly extravagant the wealthy are. The other castle is also fucking massive with very little going on.

But that's just it, they DIDN'T flesh it out. They put the foundation for something, then basically still did the NPC hand it to you.

>Reading comprehension
OP is literally complaining about how unfleshed out the castle actually is.

>But that's just it, they DIDN'T flesh it out.
Yes they did.

He's crying that the building exists, not that it "isn't fleshed out". He would prefer if it was like Gen 4 or 5 where an NPC just hands him a convenient key item needed to progress.

>It feels like XY were designed as unfinished betas just like DP,
XY has an unplayably slow engine and the most dogshit pokemon distribution to date? I didn’t know that.

always funny to see a bunch of esl's accusing others of reading comprehension without looking at themselves

He's complaining that the building exists precisely BECAUSE they didn't do anything with it beyond handing you a key item for a 1-off road block. It's a waste, which is a valid complaint, tho I'm and think that was the point, personally

>He's complaining that the building exists precisely BECAUSE they didn't do anything with it
But they did do something with it. It's a place where the pokeflute owner lives.

>It's a waste
Why? Because it didn't match your fanfic and you'd prefer for the game to be even lazier instead?

Yeah, people forget that aspect of the games. The game goes pretty steady and reaches its peak at the Tower of Mastery. Everything after loses the just kind of tapers off as Team Flare just steals things for sake of stealing things, and the climax where the main legendary starts to "wake up" just kind of happens.

Camphrier Town in general is kind of a waste. There's nothing there besides the Name Rater.

>as Team Flare just steals things for sake of stealing things
you didn't pay attention to the game

this, fuck having comfy filler towns to help flesh out the adventure, they should just made the entire game route->gym->route->gym like unova instead

>they should just made the entire game route->gym->route->gym like unova instead
Unironically yes, they should have. XY's pacing is all over the place.

>LONG ADVENTURE BAD
I'm so glad XY wasn't designed by unovazoomers.

>I LOOOOOVE PADDING!!! EVERY ITEM THE GAME GIVES YOU SHOULD HAVE IT'S OWN AREA WITH NOTHING ELSE IN IT! MORE SPACE = MORE CONTENT!

Attached: Aight dude.gif (342x401, 761.21K)

>as Team Flare just steals things for sake of stealing things
Okay, I worded it wrong. I know they were after the Master Ball for the legendary, and Abomasnow was because it was a strong pokemon. It's just that those aspects don't really piece together in a satisfying way. They kind of just happen and aren't called back to at a later time, especially the latter.

>fleshing out the lore and backstory of the region is le bad when XY does it!
the straws people need to grasp to criticize this game will never fail to be hilarious

There is no lore or backstory, you moron. It's an empty building with no characters and nothing to interact with.

He's just gonna deny it, idk why you bother, you should just shitpost and bait like he does

this. HGSS was unfinished because team rocket abusing slowpoke had nothing to do with them trying to contact Giovanni via radio and it wasn't called back to at a later time.