So what type would you consider to be the weakest overall type...

So what type would you consider to be the weakest overall type, and how would you buff it to make it on par with the other types?

Attached: types.jpg (1000x563, 91.78K)

>So what type would you consider to be the weakest overall type
objectively bug

>and how would you buff it to make it on par with the other types
remove the fairy resistance and add more utility moves.

> add more utility moves
And makes them exclusive to Bug type Pokémon.

>So what type would you consider to be the weakest overall type
Grass. Hpw come no one ever says Grass, the only reason I can thing of is people are blinded by the face that it's a starter type.
>how would you buff it to make it on par with the other types
Make it neutal to Ice and Flying.

>Hpw come no one ever says Grass
probably because they play the game

Because Grass is not a weak type, it's consistently one of the top defensive types in the meta.

Grass has useful resistances to ground, water, and electric. Plus, it's immune to powder moves and leech seed. It's definitely not the worst type.

The weakest type in the game is objectively Bug.

How to fix it:

>Resists Dark and Psychic
>Neutral to Fairy and Steel
>More utility moves

That's an important one. Don't want another U-Turn.

Normal. I'd keep it the same but boost it's STAB to 1.5 to compensate for being super effective against nothing.

As it stands I don't really have a need for a normal move, and even on normal types, I lean more to having several coverage moves than waste a slot on a stab

I’d say bug or grass

Bug. I'd change fairy's resistance to bug to make it weak to bug instead.

grass and steel are the only "defensive types" that are actually good defensively

I agree with this, but I'd also remove Ghost's resistance to it

and give every Bug mon Leech Life

Defensive Ice
Make it resist Water and make Ice-types gain Def in Hail (like Rocks gain Spdef in Sandstorm)

problem solved

Ghost is a worse dark

>make grass neutral to ice
Thematically retarded as fuck.

>Bug
Swap the Fairy resistance
More utility moves
More interesting strong Pokemon

>Ice
Give it one more resistance. Maybe Water, Flying or Grass
Buff Hail to raise Def like Sandstorm OR add the Snow weather effect with its own unique mechanics separate from Hail
Add the Frostbite status either as a replacement or in addition to a revamped Freeze

>Rock
Add one or two new 100% accurate offensive moves or change the accuracy of existing moves
Add a resistance to itself (maybe)

>Grass
Actually pretty good right now thanks to Grassy Surge and Grassy Glide + Spore/powder immunity. No changes really needed though more utility moves in the vein of Rototiller would be fun

I think those are the four most commonly cited "awful" types. I do want to throw out there though that I think Electric should lose the paralysis immunity, they should just be immune to paralysis from Electric moves, and they need a more widespread physical move. I also think that Dark types need to lose the Prankster immunity and instead just gain something else like a natural immunity to moves like Taunt, etc. I also feel that dark and ghosts need to be separated just a little bit more with the types they are strong against, so maybe make steel resist dark again but then add the ability for dark to hit fairy types for super effective damage

I thought for a long time that they were pretty much the same type other than the theme and I'm glad that game freak tries to separate them a bit more in Generation 6. I think ghost is actually the better type because you aren't weak to fairy, you get two useful immunities, you can still hit steels for neutral damage like a dark type, and you can't be trapped. Other than knock off and the psychic immunity, dark types don't have much else it's going on. I just posted earlier in the thread, but I think to separate dark and ghost more the following should happen.
>Steel goes back to resisting dark. Yes it's annoying because now knock off does less damage against bulky steels but oh well it doesn't make sense thematically. I think the only reason they got rid of the resistance was because of the Honedge line anyway iirc
>Fairies are now weak to Dark type moves which I think does make sense thematically
>Dark is no longer immune to prankster, which doesn't make sense thematically and is kind of silly that it stops the opponent from doing anything completely instead of just stopping their boosted priority
>Dark types are now immune instead to move like taunt and torment which does make more sense thematically

Now dark types feel more like what I think they are meant to be, which is sneaky and powerful little bastards who stand down to nothing but are weak to a good defense or "goodness"

Questions for all the people that think the types would be more balanced if the resistances and SE were changed. Would the game be more balanced if every type had the same amount? Is the type chart the primary thing balancing the game?

Make Ghost and Ice resist each other